Yunnan in March

watsup

Oct 11, 2006
Little Red Dot
Hi All,

I am planning to go on a F&E trip to Yunnan during march. Some of the places i intend to travel are LiJiang, 黑龙潭, 玉龙雪山,泸沽湖, Shangri La and 罗平 if time permit. I intend to fly to Kunming and from there onwards go by land transport and returning back to Kunming. Total i estimate about 9-12days. Here are my questions:

1) Is this itinerary ok?

2) Does anyone has a reliable local travel agency contact who can arrange for the land component?

3) I have roughly $1.2k budget per person (total 2-3 people as of now) for the land component (vehicle rental with driver + accommodations). Is this enough?

3) Is it advisable to travel there during this time of the year. I had a friend who had been there advised me that at Shangri La it is going to be very cold and breathing is a problem because the air is thin.

I just posted about booking of air tickets from Zuji. Please dont do that.

They are having an MGT and IT change. Flights changed and they cant retrieve your records.

Good luck w the rest of your request on info.

As another option, Tiger is flying direct to Lijiang. Nine days will be tight, twelve will be better for the places you mentioned especially since you want to go by road.

I just posted about booking of air tickets from Zuji. Please dont do that.

They are having an MGT and IT change. Flights changed and they cant retrieve your records.

Good luck w the rest of your request on info.

I am not thinking about booking for air ticket yet since nothing is concrete at the moment. But i will keep that in mind nonetheless. Thks. :)

As another option, Tiger is flying direct to Lijiang. Nine days will be tight, twelve will be better for the places you mentioned especially since you want to go by road.

I did a check and found that flying to Lijiang is much more expensive that Kunming. There are fewer flights also if i remember correctly. But having said that, i will not dismiss flying to Lijiang direct if we can get a good agency which can arrange for the local transport/accommodations to all the places that we want to go. Which is pretty much what we need at the moment before we decide on the number of days. Anyone has any recommendation? :dunno:

been there before,
u can go to yuelong xueshan, but do try to go to shangrila, and meili xueshan, this are the only place worth going

but i miss out on 泸沽湖,

罗平 should be ok, but then i went during winter, so nothing much to see.

if you are doing diy, u can try flying tiger straight to lijiang.

seriously, dali and kuming got nothing much to see.

if you are flying with silk air,

by the time u reach kuming, u can catch the last train to from kuming to lijiang.
around 9pm, u reach lijiang around 630 to 7 am..
first bus should be at 7 am.

once reach there, u can try to go to tour around gucheng, while buy the tour package from the agency.
but my suggest it to buy from the hotel, ask the hotel owner in gucheng to recommend, let them earn.
but it will be more expensive.
but there will not be any shopping trip included, just purely tour.

u can alos try to book at cab,or car but it will be super expensive.

if you are flying with silk air,

by the time u reach kuming, u can catch the last train to from kuming to lijiang.
around 9pm, u reach lijiang around 630 to 7 am..
first bus should be at 7 am.

once reach there, u can try to go to tour around gucheng, while buy the tour package from the agency.
but my suggest it to buy from the hotel, ask the hotel owner in gucheng to recommend, let them earn.
but it will be more expensive.
but there will not be any shopping trip included, just purely tour.

u can alos try to book at cab,or car but it will be super expensive.

Thks for your advise princecharming :)

Right now i am still looking for local contact for the land tour there as my friend prefer to settle all the bookings in sg first and does not want to look for local package tour there... what to do with a friend like that? :bsmilie:

Right now i am still looking for local contact for the land tour there as my friend prefer to settle all the bookings in sg first and does not want to look for local package tour there... what to do with a friend like that? :bsmilie:

one more thing to take note,
when booking train.
make sure u pay more for low deck

coz the trains comes with bed.
those lower deck bed care more expensive.
but u need not climb up the deck to your bed.
and if u pay more u can get those bed with electrical warn bed and maybe a powerpoint.
good for you, if u need to charge your phone.
make sure u get all your equipment charge

u can save up to 50% on the cost if you book local.
and unlikely u get rip off.

i seen people changing price tag, on the product sold. coz they know the next batch of tourist are from japan and hong kong. as the tour guide call the shop to inform them.

when i was with the local tour, the tour guide did not even know i was from singapore.