You're a Superstar, Cycad Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zookeeper

Apr 23, 2002
zookeeper.clubsnap.org
Celebrity spotted at AH on Saturday!!! ;)

Cycad Blue as Lin Daiyu in Dream of the Red Chambers
20040529_11.jpg

Cycad Blue as Chang-Er
20040529_12.jpg

Cycad Blue in "Jack and the Beanstalk"
20040529_13.jpg

Cycad Blue on the red carpet at the Oscars! :lovegrin:
20040529_14.jpg

good shot, the red leave add the color in your photo. Wish the background is nicer instead of black

Thanks folks! Yeap me wished the background was less black and a richer burgundy for the first two pix too....but was handholding so could not go to too low a shutter speed...and anything less than F11, the tiny Cycad Blue not as sharp liow. Dilemma! :bheart:

Well done; Cycad Blue is great! :thumbsup:

Consider going nearer next time. ;)

I think the redness lends a very good touch to the pics. Very nice. Really love the 2nd pic, reminds me of powerpuff girls somehow! :D

zenon said:
I think the redness lends a very good touch to the pics. Very nice. Really love the 2nd pic, reminds me of powerpuff girls somehow! :D

Uh oh... powerpuff girls? AdamGoi's gonna come in here now... :sweat:

This Cycad Blue has exactly the same tear on both its hing-wings.

The 2nd pic looks fierce to me.

I like the 3rd pic most, followed by 4th.

Dosen't always have to be about the butterfly 75% with 25% for background. The composition of the vine around the support is interesting, also the combination of green, red and brown is attractive.

Thks folks!

Macross: me cannot go very much nearer liow...coz min focusing distance of my lens is abt 1m...and I think I was close to max telephoto liow. Limitation met...unless I finally buy that Nikon 6T filter.. :think: Wah you look so closely at the Cycad Blue...wanna tell each of them apart ah? kekkeke!

Jason: yup in fact I was trying to experiment with not-so-closeup pix of the butts...but unfortunately most of them turned out looking too cluttered, so didn't post, except for this one. Will keep experimenting and see what I get ;)

aiya, forgot to logout from Zenon's acct.
This is Zookeeper, writing from Zenon's acct okie! :sweat:

oeyvind said:
1st and last one stunning! :thumbsup:
I second that .. those 2 shots are keeper .. keep it up :)

there is a few ways to make the background brighter
- wait for better lighting
- use higher ISO
- adjust the speed and aperture to best fit the metering
- use support like tripod or monopod and use slow speed

Thanks Sifu for the tips. Me still learning to understand the D70's aperture/shutter settings and the flash...it's usually ok when it's sunny, but once it's overcast, I constantly get underexposed pix, even when I up the exposure compensation. *scratch head* Time to play/shoot even more! :)

Good series. I like the last shot, good contrast of colours btw the butterfly, the leaf and the BG. Nice composition too. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Very nice capture! The redish look is refreshing, a depart from the usual "green green" look. Overall, the red leave(s) & branches add a little touch of art to an otherwise usual butterfly picture! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have you tried higher ISO to brigthen the background? :)

Thanks Mocha!
Me actually using ISO 400 liow...quite high already? :think:
Maybe next time I try bumping up to ISO 800...try try....

Best rendition of Cycad Blue I have seen so far.
U wonderfully included a peek of the brilliant blue top forewings.

Like all of them. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great change to usual green backgrounds and flat on side view.

:cheers:

Thx thx...but actually folks, I'm not the first one to photograph the Cycad Blue against these red plants. Once upon a time, Megaweb shot a Cycad Blue against these plants too - me only got the inspiration from him! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.