Your: Secondary School

leowyien

Jan 31, 2010
Serangoon
Hey seniors and oldies, care to share with us your old secondary schools that you went to?
Remember your teachers?
or your classmates?
Share stories here!

:thumbsup:

Greenridge Secondary School

"don't even dream of touching the polytechnic gate if you fail maths"
Mr. Francis Ho.

I used to hate him. Now I appreciate what hi did for us. Kudos!

Catholic High School

our principal during a dialogue with the students:

"SINCE Mr Lee Hsien Loong campaigned before and failed, i don't think you boys will ever get long pants in upper secondary."

and we never did :(

Form Teacher "you're going to FAIL. FAIL FAIL. and you're going to It's The End..." and i got into NP Business Studies. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Catholic High School

our principal during a dialogue with the students:

"SINCE Mr Lee Hsien Loong campaigned before and failed, i don't think you boys will ever get long pants in upper secondary."

and we never did :(

Form Teacher "you're going to FAIL. FAIL FAIL. and you're going to It's The End..." and i got into NP Business Studies. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

LOL i was from tht pri sch

Anderson Secondary School :
Year 1 : someone burnt the music room down...:sweat:
Year 2 : someone called in ..Bomb Threat. Bomb squad came and it was so exciting ...watching them checking the toilets and all... and then we all missed out English Test.. he/she must have hated the principal very much!!.:p
Year 3 : Massive flooding in school. One of the neighbouring school girl fell into the big canal and nearly drownd. Our school's boys jumped in saved her!!... Relationship between our 2 schools became very good :thumbsup:
Year 4 : we are forced to leave our school premises and moved into a pathetic small temp school at AMK...:sweat:

......damn, show my age liao...its dinosaurs years ago..:angel:

Anderson Secondary School :
Year 1 : someone burnt the music room down...:sweat:
Year 2 : someone called in ..Bomb Threat. Bomb squad came and it was so exciting ...watching them checking the toilets and all... and then we all missed out English Test.. he/she must have hated the principal very much!!.
Year 3 : Massive flooding in school. One of the neighbouring school girl fell into the big canal and nearly drownd. Our school's boys jumped in saved her!!... Relationship between our 2 schools became very good :thumbsup:
Year 4 : we are forced to leave our school premises and moved into a pathetic small temp school at AMK...:sweat:

......damn, show my age liao...its dinosaurs years ago..:angel:

I'm from ASS too:bsmilie: Most memorable thing is at Sec 4, a woman hanged herself on one of the school's tree, whole school was given a day off.

I'm from ASS too:bsmilie: Most memorable thing is at Sec 4, a woman hanged herself on one of the school's tree, whole school was given a day off.

:bigeyes: which year?? :bigeyes:

2001 or 2002 I think, just changed the principal from Mrs Chan to the new one not long.

I like Mrs Chan.. the bio teacher?? :lovegrin:
and our lovable Chemistry teacher..Mr Chee......

Last edited:
I like Mrs Chan.. the bio teacher?? :lovegrin:
and our lovable Chemistry teacher..Mr Chee......

Haha back then my bio teacher was Miss Loh, the Mrs Chan i was referring to was the principal, she moved on to be the principal of VJC, she was great!! The new one:thumbsd: cared more about her newspaper appearances than the students.

Donkey years ago, my History teacher chase me out of the class. I never liked him and I also dont like history but heck, I do remember him well. Needless to say i failed my History.

My maths teacher (a beautiful lady) was very nice to me. too nice that my classmates ssays she's my GF. Piang. Scored 100 marks in all her test, dunno got kellong or not. She always ask why I dont do well in History and I told her I dont like the teacher.

My Bio teacher is like my close friend outside school. went to mangroves to catch crabs, played badminton together. Miss him a lot.

Not good to name the school nor the teachers now as they are all history.

(BTW, my Sec school not in Sg)

Haha back then my bio teacher was Miss Loh, the Mrs Chan i was referring to was the principal, she moved on to be the principal of VJC, she was great!! The new one:thumbsd: cared more about her newspaper appearances than the students.

erhem..your time and my time got 2 generation gap liao wor..:cry:

Donkey years ago, my History teacher chase me out of the class. I never liked him and I also dont like history but heck, I do remember him well. Needless to say i failed my History.

My maths teacher (a beautiful lady) was very nice to me. too nice that my classmates ssays she's my GF. Piang. Scored 100 marks in all her test, dunno got kellong or not. She always ask why I dont do well in History and I told her I dont like the teacher.

My Bio teacher is like my close friend outside school. went to mangroves to catch crabs, played badminton together. Miss him a lot.

Not good to name the school nor the teachers now as they are all history.

(BTW, my Sec school not in Sg)

my 1st red mark on my report book was in Sec 1...HISTORY..
till now, i still do not know who is who and which era they are in...:sweat:

LOL i was from tht pri sch

i was there from pre-primary at 6 years old till sec 4 at 16 years old. 11 years in that shorts-wearing school. needless to say, the girls loved our sexay leg hair :bsmilie:

I FAILED everything except English for my O Level prelims :D

funny thing is, every one else failed English during that same exam :bsmilie::bsmilie:

probably hor..:bsmilie: her husband is a minister ;p

Haha highly possible, not sure about her husband but she was always challenging the students, saying that when she was our age (back then) she could run the cross country at under 17 mins.:bsmilie:

i was there from pre-primary at 6 years old till sec 4 at 16 years old. 11 years in that shorts-wearing school. needless to say, the girls loved our sexay leg hair

I FAILED everything except English for my O Level prelims

funny thing is, every one else failed English during that same exam

Eh shorts got advantage ok. Very cooling one ;)

Cat high no aircon everywhere mah, even the hall also most of the time dun on aircon, so wear shorts gd for us :lovegrin:

I'm out of there alr btw, miss my teachers, esp my math and history teacher (my history teacher always fly aeroplane when i go back to visit while i was in jc...grr:angry:)

Haha highly possible, not sure about her husband but she was always challenging the students, saying that when she was our age (back then) she could run the cross country at under 17 mins.:bsmilie:

i remember and loved her so much, cos she is always very patient with us.. really patient..

there was once we go into the lab and all were still chatting away, and we forgot to greet her (whole class mass greeting thingy), she stood there beaming away... only when class monitor discovered, we quickly stood up and greet her..

She replied with a big laugh.... she said : "u guys hah...it must be the zodiac thingy.....this year, all of u so ji-cha..like the rooster!!..Last year my class students are like monkeys, quite a handful and playful too!!!! "

:bsmilie:

I was well known in my secondary school's chinese department.

From HOD all the way down to regular ranking teachers.

They just shake their heads in disbelief when I'm in chinese class.

I still remember a re-mark from one of my chinese teachers.

Chinese teacher: You came from a chinese school, sang 6 years of chinese school songs, now you are telling me you cant read & write well?
Me: erm... yea, seems like the case, ironic aint it? :bsmilie:

chinese o level oral exams:
Examiner: please begin reading the essay:
Me: Mumbled through the first line, erm, think I'm done, lets just go straight into the Q&A shall we? :bsmilie:

I met my chinese HOD sometime back at Orchard Ion, told me that the mention of my name in the chinese dept up till today still gains strong frowns & heads shaking away... hahahaha! cant believe it, its more than 10 years ago!!!

Last edited: