Your reasons of Upgrade from SB600 to SB800

Status
Not open for further replies.

young124444

Nov 29, 2005
Hey fellow bro,

Jus bought a SB600, after some use the impact of lower guide number slowly kick in, any bro currently holding SB600 but eyeing SB800? if so what is ur reason? what limitation u face? know i am not alone, but want to know is there any bro. who can work around the limitation of this flash :)

young124444 said:
Hey fellow bro,

Jus bought a SB600, after some use the impact of lower guide number slowly kick in, any bro currently holding SB600 but eyeing SB800? if so what is ur reason? what limitation u face? know i am not alone, but want to know is there any bro. who can work around the limitation of this flash :)

I go for it because of the Quick Recycling charge time.

1) higher guide number
2) included accessories of sb800 eg. build in bounce card, diffussion dome, colored gels etc...
3) Act as commander to control the flash of other flash units for cams that cant use their inbuild flash or dun have inbuilt flash.[main reason]
4) recycling time with 5th battery
5) -7 degrees head tilt that makes it great for macro shots

That time only had SB-800 in the market... :(

ha ha u guys a making it really hard for me, thought i can draw some strength from some of you to still hold on the sb600 a little while longer, but as longkangman mention, it has a faster recyling time ... but wonder sb800 with 5th batt that advantage still exist?

Confirm still got advantage.

Nobody ever regretted buying SB-800. Look at willyfoo, he has about 24 of them so that he can do CLS. :thumbsup:

I got both.

I'm not sure if i'm the only one here, but I like sb600 better. Its lighter, cheaper and smaller and that's the major bonus for me.

SB800 to me is just faster recycle time. I don't really aim that far with the flash since i use a bounce card. Sometimes I wish I have 2 sb600 instead.

espn said:
Confirm still got advantage.

Nobody ever regretted buying SB-800. Look at willyfoo, he has about 24 of them so that he can do CLS. :thumbsup:
24?!! Wow!

kcuf2 said:
2) included accessories of sb800 eg. build in bounce card, diffussion dome, colored gels etc...

What accessories does the SB600 come with?

If I will to buy, will buy SB800........ because 99% of the bro here say so... cannot save $$ liao.... :sweatsm:

net-g said:
What accessories does the SB600 come with?

It comes with a box, manual and a remote flash stand.

Tempus said:
I got both.

I'm not sure if i'm the only one here, but I like sb600 better. Its lighter, cheaper and smaller and that's the major bonus for me.

SB800 to me is just faster recycle time. I don't really aim that far with the flash since i use a bounce card. Sometimes I wish I have 2 sb600 instead.
Think you don't need to go around talking about weight, weight is proportional to the equipment's design and functionality, it's like kpkb a 500 f/4 is too heavy.

Just like a PSU, a good one as cited by some engineers, is better. Same thing.

SB-800 is not just about GN. YMMV.

hey longkangman, u got sb800?? lets meet up to test! ;)

espn said:
Think you don't need to go around talking about weight, weight is proportional to the equipment's design and functionality, it's like kpkb a 500 f/4 is too heavy.

Just like a PSU, a good one as cited by some engineers, is better. Same thing.

SB-800 is not just about GN. YMMV.

well somethings are important to you. weight is important to me :sweat:

e difference is abt 50g

However.. i guess it's more abt buying something that is sufficient to ur needs and what u can afford. Unless you are a serious photographer, u ought to look further ahead.. whether u'll be needing a better flash in e future.

I see no point getting a sb-600 if u know u might need a sb-800 several months down e road. Besides, e price difference is still reasonable.

for me, i'm amatuer. Built-in flash with a LumiQuest softscreen works fine for me. And if i do need need an external flash for impt events, i'll just borrow it.

http://lumiquest.com/softscreen.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.