Not open for further replies.

sheltie_prince

Sep 16, 2004
Just curious to see how many of you do PP on :
1) Windows desktops
2) Mac desktops
3) Notebooks
4) Macbooks

Does any of you use both Mac and Windows OS and found a huge benefit of one OS from the other?
Do you just use a dedicated machine for PP or it is the same machine u use for your work / play and hobby?

Maybe can also share what kind of hardware power is packed in your machine?

;)

a poll might be easier for you do collate the data..

to reply to your questions, i only do simple editing like brightness/contrast/saturation etc. Not that my pics are very good.

I'm using Windows vista on a desktop. Its my all in 1 pc. Gaming + editing + work. Running Core2Quad 2.83Ghz with 4 GB DDR2 ram and a Nvidia 9600GT graphic card.

oh ya.. good point.. maybe a mod can help me amend the thread to include a poll?? Please??? sollie to trouble you lah...

Thanks. :)

For me, I am using a Notebook to do PP..... on vista too. Same machine for my work

I use windows desktop to pp.

I do my PP on a DIY desktop PC on WinXP..... still my fav OS :thumbsup:

I think you can get a 64-bit version of CS4 for vista. Mac's are only 32-bit at the moment.

Using CS3 on mac and pc and overall, it seems a bit snappier on the mac book pro. This could really be due to the difference in cpu's though as the pc desktop is has a bit slower dual core.

i moved from a XP-notebk to XP-desktop to a macbook.

PP is intuitive and faster on the macbook.
boils down to personal preference la.

Interesting...

I always wonder why alot of graphic designers do their work on a mac.. is it really the machine, OS interface or just for 'style'???

I can say both + 1. Powerful, easier yet georgeous ...

Mine is Apple Aperture + Plug-ins + Macbook Pro ...

Macbook 13" Unibody non-pro, 4 year old customised PC 2ghz dual core AMD, 4x512mb DDR1 ram, Nvidia 7800GT and lots of internal and external harddrives.

MB usually for processing photos, PC usually for mass storage / access to external powered harddrives which were formatted last time for windows only, and also for my gaming i.e. CSS / TF2. Now that I've also reinstalled starcraft 1 for my MB and loads of other nice freeware games like Wormux, I spend way less time on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.