Your plane crashed and your camera & you on an island ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
Your wife, you and all your big bag of cameras & tripod landed safely on an
isolate island. There are serpents, wolf, tigers, bears and even carnibals!! :eek:
You have a battery which is driven by seawater so no worry about low bat.

You are to survive in this hostile environment as long time as possible, and
you are to shoot a lot of pictures at same time.

How will you creatively use your photography equipments? ;)

dRebelXT said:
isolate island. There are serpents, wolf, tigers, bears and even carnibals!! :eek:

the seawater made my magnesium SLR body rust... hence i dun wanna touch it again...

also, the seawater kills the coating on the lens, making it useless...

furthermore... the seawater also destroy my slides... so anything i take is useless... even king kong is in front, i aim at him, in the end its still craps...

ultimately... i forgot to bring a Sandisk Extreme III, and the CF card inside.. .. .. tragedy strikes...

TFCD ..

Remove the camera shell and carve sharp tips out of the plastic body and attach it to the tripod legs.

Assuming flash is workable. Attach it to the tripod head, to scare off any animals and cannibals. The sharp tips would be used as a final desperate resort to fight off any animals and cannibals. Failing which, it will be useful to commit Seppuku.

The tripod can be used to knock off coconuts off low growing coconut trees or spilt coconuts.

Can use it as spear fishing with the sharp tips on the tripod's legs.

As for fire, u're outta luck. Find ur own leaves and start grinding them to produce fire. Alternatively, leg warmers for the tripod can be used as fuel (although some of the materials are polymer based which isn't very healthy or good for the environment but can be used as 'pungent poison attack' against maurading savages & animals).

If one day u'd managed to build a small ship or u'd managed to get the raft floating again to get urself off the island, attached with possibly light aluminium or titanium frames frm the destroyed aircraft or boat, ur tripod can be used as an oar.

Talking of which, the raft which u and ur wife are being swept to can be used as shelter since its waterproof and plastics take 500yrs to break down and decompose.

Ultimately how to survive depends on u. And taking photos is the last thing anyone shld have in mind in a real scenario like u'd described.

Infinite battery power, but got finite digital storage space leh...:sweat:
Actually, I find this kind of questions quite bo liao, but today I in a bo liao mood. :sticktong

dRebelXT said:

use your biggest camera, bazooka lens, flash and tripod to scare the hell out of the cannibals so they immediately worship you as a god. then they will treat you to a life of comfort, provide you with food, shelter and protect you from the wild animals, while you can spend all your time shooting the most amazing set of photographs ever seen on national geographic or magnum. once you are rescued from the island, sell your photographs, write a best-selling novel about your adventure and negotiate lucrative film deals with your story. you become super rich and famous and retire to a life of even greater luxury.

:cool:

dRebelXT said:

Find a lady cannibal with huge knockers and do TFCD

Use ur flash and say u have been sent by a god:cool:

icarus said:
Find a lady cannibal with huge knockers and do TFCD

hehehe ... thought that your wife is around as well???? ;p

paradigm said:
hehehe ... thought that your wife is around as well???? ;p

Ermmm... feed her to the cannibals. :) Must get rid of the old junks to welcome new things.

dRebelXT said:

I would put an For Sale ad on a piece of wood and nailed it on the coconut tree to sell to the carnibals. :bsmilie:

First I would seek an audience with the Chief Canibal bearing my camera and lenses as gifts and ask for the hands of his daughter as my second wife.

Now that would ensure my life in the island without being eaten alive.

And every night I would make excuse to the Carnibal woman that I suffer from an rare affliction that I have to sleep alone. It's medically called Fearofeatenphobia. :bsmilie:

I will trade my camera & gears with the canibals and serpents for cash or a ticket for the next flight or ship out :lovegrin:

Teach everyone I can find PHOTOGRAPHY!
Spread the hobby!

zaren said:
use your biggest camera, bazooka lens, flash and tripod to scare the hell out of the cannibals so they immediately worship you as a god. then they will treat you to a life of comfort, provide you with food, shelter and protect you from the wild animals, while you can spend all your time shooting the most amazing set of photographs ever seen on national geographic or magnum. once you are rescued from the island, sell your photographs, write a best-selling novel about your adventure and negotiate lucrative film deals with your story. you become super rich and famous and retire to a life of even greater luxury.

:cool:

this reminds me of a story....
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=1909476&postcount=30

(fictionous of course)

:bsmilie:

btw...any photo developing labs on the island or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.