Your Pentax Story

sobrietyanonymous said:
I have a. Spare k-x .. would like to try multi mount too!!!

Just dismount it and do the filing! :)

But.. I suggest you get one or 2 cheap lenses first for trial. And... You do but don't use also no point.. LoL!

Just dismount it and do the filing! :)

But.. I suggest you get one or 2 cheap lenses first for trial. And... You do but don't use also no point.. LoL!

DIY Pentax Multi-mount isn't difficult but there are a few drawbacks due to DIY.
- Plating loss at filed area, resulting in exposing brass metal underneath. I have encountered brass filings in mirror chamber.
- Lack of accuracy and precision. My hand-held dremel was good but still not enough.
- Time consuming due to testing and testing with different mounts.
- Dangerous. Almost filed the skin off my finger. :bsmilie:

Sorry to hijack this thread. Please share more of Pentax stories. It is fun to know other Pentaxians' stories.

DIY Pentax Multi-mount isn't difficult but there are a few drawbacks due to DIY.
- Plating loss at filed area, resulting in exposing brass metal underneath. I have encountered brass filings in mirror chamber.
- Lack of accuracy and precision. My hand-held dremel was good but still not enough.
- Time consuming due to testing and testing with different mounts.
- Dangerous. Almost filed the skin off my finger. :bsmilie:

Sorry to hijack this thread. Please share more of Pentax stories. It is fun to know other Pentaxians' stories.

Congrats bro...u won a k30 give away in pf cos of ur articles on this k+ mounting. Great jobs

Congrats bro...u won a k30 give away in pf cos of ur articles on this k+ mounting. Great jobs

Gnarelsek, congrats.

Thanks. It was a surprise to me as my entry was the last to published 3 days before voting ends. Didn't expect to gather so many votes and interested comments which has prompted me to looking into fabricating this "gear" of mine professionally. And looks like my Pentax story has a Part 2 coming.

Congrats bro..

Gnarelsek said:
Thanks. It was a surprise to me as my entry was the last to published 3 days before voting ends. Didn't expect to gather so many votes and interested comments which has prompted me to looking into fabricating this "gear" of mine professionally. And looks like my Pentax story has a Part 2 coming.

Congrats for the good work! Thumbs up!

come on guys! more stories to share !

playing with a newly acquired gem: DFA 50 /2.8 macro

don't know how to use the macro function yet.. hence just using it as portrait

r1.jpg

r3.jpg

r5.jpg

Last edited:
Sian cus not many people sharing their Pentax stories!! Come on guys!!

playing with a newly acquired gem: DFA 50 /2.8 macro

don't know how to use the macro function yet.. hence just using it as portrait

r1.jpg

r3.jpg

r5.jpg

It's a gem of a lens no doubt. Super duper sharp. Just be careful posting pictures of your GF - zits and all - using this lens online. Sometimes lenses can be too sharp! :p

It's a gem of a lens no doubt. Super duper sharp. Just be careful posting pictures of your GF - zits and all - using this lens online. Sometimes lenses can be too sharp! :p

haha yes she has complained about the zit on her right cheek!

My Pentax story started off with me in a hunt for a dslr so that I can take better pics for my daughter, thinking that a better camera = sharper and nicer pic.
As usual, Canon and Nikon came into the picture but my colleague told me to try the Pentax KX ( she didn't own one by the way) so I think why not? Reasonably priced with good reviews and my investment will not be so hefty in case this interest won't last.
I got a brand new set from SLRR, but to my disappointment, my photos still sucks. Not deterred, I started buying and trying different Pentax lenses and bodies, and also trying out different settings and picking up knowledge from clubsnap ( I am a lurker :)).

After a few years, I recovered from bbb virus and now I am more or less settled with my K5, 12-24, FA 31, 18-55WR, 55-200 WR, FA 100-300, and Sigma 50. My photos are not superb but I would say much better than when I started.

Here are my humble contributions to this thread:]

null-2.jpg

null-4.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-7.jpg

My Pentax story started off with me in a hunt for a dslr so that I can take better pics for my daughter, thinking that a better camera = sharper and nicer pic.
As usual, Canon and Nikon came into the picture but my colleague told me to try the Pentax KX ( she didn't own one by the way) so I think why not? Reasonably priced with good reviews and my investment will not be so hefty in case this interest won't last.
I got a brand new set from SLRR, but to my disappointment, my photos still sucks. Not deterred, I started buying and trying different Pentax lenses and bodies, and also trying out different settings and picking up knowledge from clubsnap ( I am a lurker :)).

After a few years, I recovered from bbb virus and now I am more or less settled with my K5, 12-24, FA 31, 18-55WR, 55-200 WR, FA 100-300, and Sigma 50. My photos are not superb but I would say much better than when I started.

Here are my humble contributions to this thread:]

null-2.jpg

null-4.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-7.jpg

You have improved greatly.

was a canon user, then heard about smaller & lighter Pentax system which can use manual old lenses. so I went browsing BH photo, then got a good offer for K5 back then.. bought it, got a 135 f/3.5, 31, 15, and recently 60-250. have been carrying my 3 primes everywhere... hope to explore the tele-zoom soon. the compact system made me enjoy shooting dslr as much as I'd want to while having to look after my 2 year old.