Your opinion.

Some people hunt and bargain to the bones for cheap items and resell at higher price!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allen

There are some people who will HUNT for cheap deals and then resell the item at a higher price a week or two later.

Personally, I am fine with that.

Would like to hear opinions?

i guess it is perfectly fine...business after all. no one can force the buyer to buy anything against his will.

regards

this can only mean that i am a lousy seller :bsmilie:

No, problem at all. What the buyer does with the item after buying it is their business. If the seller agreed with the price, it was their own choice. It was not a gift.

Hong Sien

1. They have to fork out cash to buy the cheap item. i.e. need capital.

2. They may be buying on a try-try-since-its-cheap mentality, instead of deliberately buying to sell.

3. They take a risk if the item spoils in their care. Some items may not sell. i.e. Stuck.

4. The original seller gets cash - something he wants/needs.

5. Word gets around. You just need one dissatisfied seller/buyer to make a lot of noise, and its game over.

6. There is a 'market rate' for most items, so you can't really make a living out of it. Maybe a once-in-a-while quick buck. If the profit is low, say $20-$50 region, i feel the risk not really worth it. Then again, for some, it is.

7. If you DO make a living out of it, then your profile must be quite high. Income tax may come after you. :D

Actually, i feel it might be a win-win-win situation for seller-middle-man-buyer, with the middle taking the most risk.

Originally posted by hongsien
No, problem at all. What the buyer does with the item after buying it is their business. If the seller agreed with the price, it was their own choice. It was not a gift.

Hong Sien

:thumbsup:

once an item is sold, it belongs to the buyer and it is up to his sole discretion what to do with that item.

Some ppl just hang out in CS trying to snatch cheap deals and act as resellers..

Its obvious they don't have the passion for photography..

If you don't like what they are doing, all you can do is don't sell them your stuff..
They offer low prices anyway..

There's 2nd hand seller everywhere. Cars, Handphone, CDs, Books, Baseball cards, PC parts, Camera.

They are doing what 2nd hand shop are doing.

Garang Guni, they are known as.

Their price might be lower but they normally dun mind slight comestic defects.

Nothing wrong with that.

Originally posted by Allen
There are some people who will HUNT for cheap deals and then resell the item at a higher price a week or two later.

Personally, I am fine with that.

Remember that Petri camera I sold you Allen? You bought it from me for SGD 150, well to make you feel bad, I got it the week before at SGD 5 from eBay! ha!ha!ha!

Are you going to change your opinion about me now..........? ;)

Hong Sien

must get used to it... or DUN sell anitins ...just like yr dry cabinet ... throw away ;)

Originally posted by hongsien
Remember that Petri camera I sold you Allen? You bought it from me for SGD 150, well to make you feel bad, I got it the week before at SGD 5 from eBay! ha!ha!ha!

Are you going to change your opinion about me now..........? ;)

Hong Sien

Huh??!?!? U sold me a camera? Since when? No my opinion of you wont change.. kekekek.

what i deem irritating would be those ppl who haggle like crazy over the price of ur item, saying stuff like it's used stuff, can get cheaper overseas, etc etc.

then later you see them selling the same item at the price you originally posted. :angry:

i'm fine with it. if anyone thinks the mark up is too much, they can always dun buy... anyway...

I tend to buy items and sell them to myself. :eek:

Originally posted by the_tick
I tend to buy items and sell them to myself. :eek:

Errr I lost you there... ???

Status
Not open for further replies.