Your Next Lens Will Be...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

creampuff

Jul 11, 2006
Dover
Good to know that we have more new Pentax users in our midst since the K-7 was launched.
So my trivial question to seasoned and new Pentaxians is:

What's the next lens you plan to get, and why? ;p

Have you overcome the LBA (Lens Buying Addiction) disease? :cool:

Time to confess your secret lens buying desires... :angel:

Let me start it off...

DA*60-250mm if the price don't increase!

I want get the FA35 (samsung version) if I could find it in Korea. Other than that, I have no more desires for lenses.

just a humble DA 55-300 will do :bsmilie:

i don't think i actually need anything more.

but if i had a lot of money, i'd get a 16-50 *.. weather sealing and nice focal length range mmm, then i can get rid of the kit lens.

I think for now I should buy a flash to complete the gear, sorry OT ??? For lens, really wish that Pentax will launch an affordable DA*85mm in place of the discontinued FA*85mm ... the secondhand market for FA*85mm is too expensive and I really prefer the SDM and WR. I also really really hope Pentax will launch the SDM 1.4 teleconverter that disappeared from it original roadmap.

For now, the most desireable is a second body, I don't think there is a need but I really love to have a silver 098 K-x :D :D :D

I dont really have anything that I really need now but an updrage for the body would be nice

Its a mis concept that the FA* 85 is expensive... its 1.6 to 1.7K depending on condition. Nikon 85mm f1.4 new is $1850, Canon 85mm f1.2 is 3.2K and above... The FA* 85 is right up there with the best. Its not over hype, its performance is that good.
A few years down the road when FF is becoming more affordable and more feasible to produce, most of the FA* lens prices will go sky high... Now is the best time to stock up on the FA* lenses...

If Pentax were to introduce a DA*85mm, it will be at the same price range as Nikon or even more expensive, its not any cheaper than now...
SDM is not any faster in focusing, silent doesn't make better pics. And motor will fail sooner than u think...

there will always be a better camera, but for lens, its not any better and price is only getting more expensive...

I dunno what my next lens will be, but im keeping a look out for FA*200mm, A50mm f1.2 and A20mm f2.8.

Hopefully there's still stocks of the DA 12-24mm Samsung version when I get to Korea. Thinking of the Sigma 30mm too.. FA 31mm just way too expensive :(

Probably a Sigma or Canon 50mm F/1.4 =)

so consider ur favourite wedding ptg using 24mm f1.4 (2.6K), 35mm f1.4(2K) 50mm f1.2(2.2K) and the 85mmf1.2(3.5K) for ur wedding in the future, now u know why its so expensive to hire them... :bsmilie:

:eek::eek::eek:

i should advise him to switch to pentax

just kidding

Happy with my rig now. :)

Still, a MIJ FA 31mm Ltd will be nice.. but I guess these are all assembled in Vietnam now.. :(

Don't dare to think of buying any lenses at the moment,but i know myself this LBA virus is
already in my blood stream for the past 3 years.Faint!! dunno when then can cure..:dunno:
anyway i don't think now but i dream of FA77 or FA*85 sometime..:sweatsm:

for me, a japan made silver 31mm will do. then i would start to clear my 1650...

Its gotta be a voigtlander 20mm/3.5, for the bokeh and the wide angle, and the fun of taking pictures with a small, MF, voigtlander lens! :bsmilie:

I was very keen on a Carl Zeiss T* 85mm/1.4, but killed that idea off when I realised I am under-utilising the 3 lens I have near that focal length.

Status
Not open for further replies.