Your LX3 setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much did you pay for Richard Franiec's custom mechanical shutter release adapter + Nikon shutter release ?

Thanks.

DSC_0710.JPG

How much did you pay for Richard Franiec's custom mechanical shutter release adapter + Nikon shutter release ?

Thanks.
The shutter release I bought locally for RM65 and the custom thingy for USD23.

Richard Franiec has also just come up with the flash-shoe cover for the LX3, although it's still not listed in his website yet.
You can find his stuff here : http://kleptography.com/rf/

just received my pandabase 52mm adapter + UV filter + hood!!

what are the telephoto lens and wide angle lens i can use for this?

Hi, may I know what polarizing filter models r u fellows using with ur LX3?

Is it the renowned "CPL2"? Price & its diameter??
Yes. Bought long time ago, so price forgotten. Diameter is 52mm, since I bought it for my 24mm lens. The PandaBase tube for my LX3 is also 52mm.

Yes. Bought long time ago, so price forgotten. Diameter is 52mm, since I bought it for my 24mm lens. The PandaBase tube for my LX3 is also 52mm.

Wah, swee I also need a 52mm version, although u have forgotten the price, but may I know what kinda range am I looking at here, $50-ish? $80-ish? Or above $100-ish? For he 52mm version.

Anyway, any reason for preference for the Pandabase accessory set over the other accessory set found on eBay?

Wah, swee I also need a 52mm version, although u have forgotten the price, but may I know what kinda range am I looking at here, $50-ish? $80-ish? Or above $100-ish? For he 52mm version.

Anyway, any reason for preference for the Pandabase accessory set over the other accessory set found on eBay?

$100-ish, I think. Nikon woh. First reason is the tube diameter of 52mm, then the looks lah.

$100-ish, I think. Nikon woh. First reason is the tube diameter of 52mm, then the looks lah.

Wah, I got Nikon = OEM = cheaper mah? Can I get a 52mm CPL frm B+W for $100-ish? If not, maybe I buy $50-ish ones; what may I get for $50-ish?

just got a 0.5x OEM wide angle lens from AP Funan. Looked around the area(penisular and funan) and they had it at the cheapest price at $68. for the same lens, i was quoted varying prices up to $190 at one particular shop!! Luckily I did my homework...

Just wondering, for people who bought the official wide angle lens from Panasonic, does the lens make the image appear "fisheye" with some vignetting when u zoom out to the max?

Just receive my accessories set from eBay. Unfortunately the lens hood causes multiple problem:

1. When fully screwed on, the longer "petal" does not "automatically" end up at the top/bottom, but rather, diagonally...is this a common problem? Can it be resolved?

25012009296.jpg

2. Vignetting, major...check out the corners of my display...solvable? Or...?

25012009297.jpg

25012009299.jpg

The 2nd photo is with the lens hood NOT fully screwed in some more...

In the event that I have to get a new lens hood, any 52mm models to recommend where the "petals" flare out wider to prevent vignetting? Or should I get one of those super slim filters so that the vignetting is removed?

Thank you.

P.S. Any shop that allows me to try to spot for vignetting b4 paying?

you need to include the rim that comes along with the hood.

looks like we have the exact same item. make sure that after the hood is secured, screw it until the arrow is at the top.

i remembered i tightened it abit before i managed to do it, but after the first time, it will always be there. :)

you need to include the rim that comes along with the hood.

looks like we have the exact same item. make sure that after the hood is secured, screw it until the arrow is at the top.

i remembered i tightened it abit before i managed to do it, but after the first time, it will always be there. :)

Hi DS, which "set" u bought? got link? The "it" in your "screw it" is referring to which component? Then wat "arrow" r u talking about?

I left out the ring-like rim bcos I tot adding it will make the lens hood even further out away from the lens and cause worse vignetting? U manage to remove all traces of vignetting from your setup? Did u use the filter that came with ur purchase?

yup, i used the filter. the arrow i am referring to is the one under the wordings on the hood.

the "it" is screwing the rim. i have the exact same set as you, bought from pandabase.

no vignetting if you manage to screw the hood until the arrow is at the top. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.