Your image copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokkaido88

Dec 29, 2007
How do you distribute you image?

What do you do if you upload it to the website or someone request the pictures i.e models?
Do you include the original file(i.e raw without copyright notice) as well?

How do you prevent someone from copying your images and removing the copyright message?

Do you hide your exif?

if you worry so much, better not to put up on the web at all.

btw, i don't know about models, but i will never give original jpg (full size) or raw file if i am not getting paid in any way.

98% of the time my file uplaoded in the net will be very small size, 650 pixels longest side

1. If someone requests, then you decide if you want to give it to her. But I dont suggest giving the original file - after the person take the original file and claim copyright is theirs, and then you have problems :) Because digital files are easily copied, you then have unncessary trouble trying to prove YOURS is the original.

2. There are ways to make it difficult to copy, but none can truly stop a determined person. Such techniques include things like physical watermark, digital watermark, flash masks, putting photo as flash movie etc.

3. You cannot prevent soemone from removing your physical watermark - but if you put it in a strategic place, it can again, make it more difficult for him.

Digital watermarks are, as far as a I know, almost impossible to remove.

How do you distribute you image?

What do you do if you upload it to the website or someone request the pictures i.e models?
Do you include the original file(i.e raw without copyright notice) as well?

How do you prevent someone from copying your images and removing the copyright message?

Do you hide your exif?

Yeah I knew :) but the problem is how to reject request from others without hurting their feeling.

i.e If the models politely request from you and it happen that she's quite friendly and pretty isn't hard to reject her request?

or your best friend ask for the original because he want to learn how you shoot and want to look the original resolution? Rejecting them would mean that you're not their best friend and selffish?

And lastly how do you placed digital watermark?

i.e If the models politely request from you and it happen that she's quite friendly and pretty isn't hard to reject her request?

then for crying out loud, think with your mind, and not elsewhere..

you can always say no, unless it was agreed that you would give.

politely, if they ask politely, that's all you're obligated to do.

Yeah I knew :) but the problem is how to reject request from others without hurting their feeling.

Urm... its hard to believe a model's feelings will be hurt when you do not give them a photo. But they would be angry if that was your arrangement and you backed out under the guise of copyright.;)

The "friendly and pretty" part should not come into consideration. If it was, you'd probably be very busy entertaining such requests.... and earn a reputation for giving free original pics among other "friendly and pretty" models who would then seek you out (hmmm... which if that was your intention....then your statement would make sense).
:bsmilie:
or your best friend ask for the original because he want to learn how you shoot and want to look the original resolution? Rejecting them would mean that you're not their best friend and selffish?

And lastly how do you placed digital watermark?

Btw, if you rezie a picture, the exif should still be intact. So you can send them resized pics with the exif intact. But a better way is to teach. Other important factors cannot be derived from the exif alone.:)

What's so special, this kind of photos anyone can take :bsmilie:

Erh, not really. Some shoots really someother amateurs won't have chance to shoot them or at least some special studio poses

Status
Not open for further replies.