Your Fuji Travel Setup

Fuji X-E1 with 10-24mm, 18-55mm, 55-200mm, Mini Tripod, Tripod, Clamp, Filters.

Xe1,14mm,27mm,60mm, 4sd cards, 2 batteries, led light, small tripod, and one fuji medium format.

i've used the xe1, then the black x-t1, now im a user of the GS x-t1. always carry a minimum of 3 batteries with me, memory cards, lenspen, handheld tripod and usually a portable photo printer. used to carry 18-55, 35 around but now i've sold those two and went for the 23mm. amazing glass.

I traveled through Seoul & Busan for work over the last few days and brought the XT1 along with the 10-24 and 35mm; plus a old 50mm Nikon on Metabone adaptor. I use the 10-24 and 35 almost 90% of the time. Both these lenses managed to dramatize quite a few otherwise mundane scenes - and pretty sharp too - esp the 35mm.

Issues I have is the focusing speed in low lighting, exposure drifting when photographing people wearing black and the nomenclatures on the silver graphite body is hard to read compared the black version in low light environment.

Travelled around Taiwan last October with a X100 and an old penny lx3 for some zoom range. A comfortable and light setup for me. Looking forward to add a WCL and compact flash to X100 for the next trip. :)

Just got back from Paris with just the XE2, 14mm, & 35mm. Most days, I went out with just the XE2 & 14. Very compact & lightweight kit just hanging on my shoulder. No need to lug a bag around.

https://flic.kr/p/qcLYDX

It depends on your preference or style of photos you want to capture. For me, I would prefer bringing the following: Samyang 12mm (or zeiss 12mm), Fuji 35mm(if you shoot portraits), and a Fuji 55-200. Currently, I only have a 18-55mm lens and it's still sufficient for my hiking/travel. I also bring my Sirui T-005 tripod, filters, 3 batteries and 2 SD cards.

The Fuji 50-140 will be coming soon, if you are getting it then just add the 12mm you will cover most of the focal lengths.

Recently went to Taiwan and brought along my XT-1, 18-55, 23 & 35. End up I use 18-55 most of the time. Have 4 spare batteries and one 2 tb external harddisk for backup. Took almost 3k of photos in mostly raw format. I have 3 SD cards.

Backup my photos to my hdd using wifi card reader.

Recently went to Taiwan and brought along my XT-1, 18-55, 23 & 35. End up I use 18-55 most of the time. Have 4 spare batteries and one 2 tb external harddisk for backup. Took almost 3k of photos in mostly raw format. I have 3 SD cards. Backup my photos to my hdd using wifi card reader.

what's this wifi card reader you are talking about?

In order not to carry my laptop along to backup my photos, what I have done is get a wifi sd card reader with USB port. I insert my sdcard and backup all my files to my USB external hdd drive. This option is cheaper than getting those wifi hdd.

You can get this brand RavPower Filehub wireless sd card reader for $39.99usd from Amazon. It is also a battery power bank with 3000mah. It can be access using ios or android file manager unlike those wifi hdd must use in-build apps to run.

Last edited:
In order not to carry my laptop along to backup my photos, what I have done is get a wifi sd card reader with USB port. I insert my sdcard and backup all my files to my USB external hdd drive. This option is cheaper than getting those wifi hdd.

You can get this brand RavPower Filehub wireless sd card reader for $39.99usd from Amazon. It is also a battery power bank with 3000mah. It can be access using ios or android file manager unlike those wifi hdd must use in-build apps to run.

thanks for introducing such a device :) always wanted to backup my pics but don't want to bring computer along

Can also consider bringing a Western Digital My Passport Wireless Harddisk which allows you to back up on the go without a computer.

See link http://m.wdc.com/en/product/1330

Yes, this is another option but the cost of the wifi hdd is too expensive and not swappable. Using a wifi card reader you have no limit on number of external hdd which is also cheaper compared to wifi hdd.

After much research i still find RavPower the most affordable and usable as a backup tool.

Last edited:
Can also consider bringing a Western Digital My Passport Wireless Harddisk which allows you to back up on the go without a computer.

See link http://m.wdc.com/en/product/1330

I considered this, but I decided against it because SD card readers on external HDDs is still newish tech. Check out the mixed reviews on Amazon and B&H. Seems buggy.

What I did was to backup on my iPad mini 128GB. Since I'd have the iPad with me on the trip anyway, all I needed was the dongle. No laptop, no HDDs. The photos I deemed important I also backed up to my iPhone, in case my hotel room/safe gets broken into. At least the phone is always in my pocket.

I considered this, but I decided against it because SD card readers on external HDDs is still newish tech. Check out the mixed reviews on Amazon and B&H. Seems buggy.

What I did was to backup on my iPad mini 128GB. Since I'd have the iPad with me on the trip anyway, all I needed was the dongle. No laptop, no HDDs. The photos I deemed important I also backed up to my iPhone, in case my hotel room/safe gets broken into. At least the phone is always in my pocket.

This is another option but iPad/iphone can only backup jpeg files but not raw extensions. So if you are shooting in raw you will need bigger disk size. Not forgetting that apple don't allow saving in raw mode. The reason i chose RavPower is becos the review for it is the best of most wifi card.

Last edited:
This is another option but iPad/iphone can only backup jpeg files but not raw extensions. So if you are shooting in raw you will need bigger disk size. Not forgetting that apple don't allow saving in raw mode. The reason i chose RavPower is becos the review for it is the best of most wifi card.

Erm no. I shoot only in RAW, and I was able to import and backup to my iOS devices. You can then transfer the RAF files to your Mac using Image Capture. Not sure for Android & Windows. If you go this way though, I suggest you turn off iCloud Photo Library in Settings>Photos & Camera, or else it will sync all your RAW files across all iOS8 devices.

Another option I found in Sim Lim is this device that can copy from SDs/CFs to SATA HDDs without the need for a PC. But costs about $300 without the HDD, so not exactly cheap.

Anyway, to each his own. A multiple redundancy workflow is always good, so paranoid folks here can use all our suggestions together. But I travel light, and it's hard enough to squeeze 2 weeks of pre-winter gear into a carry-on suitcase. The SD-Lightning dongle was for me the smallest option.

X100s
4 batteries
1 charger
16gb memory card
8 gb memory card

X100T
WCL / TCL adapter if I have them
Micro tripod
Cleaning kit
Extra batteries, charger
Extra SD card

For traveling, I would bring my:

XT-1
3 batteries and charger
XF 23mm
XF 18-55mm
XC 55-230mm

i've used the xe1, then the black x-t1, now im a user of the GS x-t1. always carry a minimum of 3 batteries with me, memory cards, lenspen, handheld tripod and usually a portable photo printer. used to carry 18-55, 35 around but now i've sold those two and went for the 23mm. amazing glass.

I agree! The 23mm is all I shoot with nowadays except for special cases like going to the Bird Park!