Your Favourite Slide Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryk

Mar 8, 2004
Okay ladies and gentlemen, what's your favourite slide film?
As for me, like many others, Velvia 50...however, them kodak E-family series not bad also, the Vivid Saturation(VS) version is great, really bright and saturated colours.

Velvia 100 n Provia 400

I would recommend Provia 100. Depending on your type of photography and it's definitely not as contrasty & color saturated as Velvia 50 for landscape. But if you need a film for indoor(portrait, product) & outdoor landscape, you will know what I mean.

Anyway, I've yet to see portraits done with Velvia!!

Tachi..

Patryk said:
Okay ladies and gentlemen, what's your favourite slide film?
As for me, like many others, Velvia 50...however, them kodak E-family series not bad also, the Vivid Saturation(VS) version is great, really bright and saturated colours.

i started shooting slide film not long ago.......still need to try out more of those different slides.....but so far i like the kodak VS version. Now the GX version is out......news and articles said is better than the VS. CP selling them now. BTW anyone tried out agfa slide film here? care to comments?

For me it has to be Ektachrome 100VS and E200 ....

The new Ektrachrome 100G /GX replaces 100S /SW.

So in the E series you have

100G - very fine grain
100GX - very fine grain and warmer colour balance
100VS - vivid saturation

and there is also 200E which pushes well to 400/800ISO

For me, it's Velvia 100 (Note: NOT VELVIA 100F), Provia 100F and Astia 100F.
Yes, I'm a Fuji junkie.

I've only just started shooting slides. I've only ever tried the Fuji Sensia 100 and I love it! I'll probably try the Provia next and then Velvia.

BTW Prismatic, what's the difference between Velvia 100F and 100?

My favourite neg film now is Kodak 400UC, so I might try some Kodak slides soon as well.

You guys have expensive tastes... :sweat:
With limited experience with slides, I'll vote for Provia 100F followed by Sensia 100. Actually, I find it hard-pressed to find any significant difference between the two.

I heard that Velvia is even more saturated compared to Provia; is it really true?

What slide film would be good for skin tones?

Status
Not open for further replies.