Your Favourite Photo

NormanSelvaraju

Dec 12, 2012
Singapore
Hi all,

This is something that I saw on dpreview's forums and I thought it was a novel idea.

I'm starting this thread so that anyone can join in, add his/her favourite photo and leave some comments on the previous photo.

December 2013 marks one year into my journey of photography. And i would like to pay tribute to CS for being an awesome platform of learning for me. Hope this thread generates some sort of momentum and the pictures added by everyone here offer inspiration to those who visit. (Just like how I've been inspired by the works of many here!)

General rules - Just use this form as a template.

Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------

1) What I like about the previous photo
2) What can be improved about the previous photo

3) Title of my photo
4) <embed photo here>

5) Genre/Type of Photo
6) Details if any you wish to share about your photo
(eg : Why its your favourite, Equipment used, etc)

---------------------------------------------------
Hope this generates some form of momentum

Cheers!

Last edited:
1) What I like about the previous photo
-Nil no photo
2) What can be improved about the previous photo
-Nil no photo

3) Title of my photo : Baby Photoshoot - Jacey 2013
4)
Baby Photo - Jacey 2013 by AboveNorm, on Flickr

5) Studio Portrait

6) This is part of a series of photos I took for my friend in celebration of their newborn baby girl. I really liked the way it turned out. This is my favourite photo of that day. The idea was adapted from seeing other photoshoot examples when you do a simple google search.
Used a Canon 6D with a Tamron 24-70. One 50x70 softbox on camera right.
Post processed to bring out contrast/clarity/vibrance.

Last edited:
I dun like most of the photos I took... not a good shooter. But there is a few that I find okay.

1) What I like about the previous photo:

i) Excellent composition and lighting
ii) Well presented idea (a good mixture of fragility, strength and a sense of comfort)
iii) Kind of remind me of something fragile... yet being supported by something strong

2) What can be improve of the previous photo:

Nothing that I can think of now.

3) Title of my photo:
Illiteracy

6282991082_964f94685c_b.jpg

4) Candid

5) I got this shot when I was walking in halus park... saw people totally ignoring sign boards and breaking the rules without care for the safety of others, so decided to take a quick shots. It turned out pretty well and I kind of like it alot as it reflect very well the title of the photo.

Reactions: NormanSelvaraju