Your FAVORITE Nikon Film SLR and why?

Ben - We are often guilty of dismissing cameras as gimmicky or not up to standard but never tried them. But really, we normally can't.

But the FM2 doesn't do TTL flash, the FM3A, FE2, FG and F3 do.

The F2 in the other thread is an F2A, sorry for nit picking. He he.

oop it's a F2A photomic if my memory serve me right, so use to saying F2 F2 F2 ai ya sorry for the mistake. :)

I own an F3HP and an FM10.

The F3 is indeed a very good camera that produced very good images along with my 50 1.4. The 80/20 is helpful for people like me who like using central focus.

But despite all the talk about it being a tank, I must have very bad luck with my one. The first incident caused the glass resistive disk in the ISO dial to break and required an expensive repair job.

The second was kinda silly. The shutter cocked and fired in my bag, and while the shutter was still open, I took out my camera and cocked it. This caused the curtain not to close completely, requiring another total tear down to get at the curtain catch.

So while its still under repair, I'm using my FM10. Yes, its rudimentary, cheaply made and has poor aesthetics. But because it is so simple, very little goes wrong with it.

Favourite? Despite the amount of money I have put into it an the constant heartpain, the F3 still has my heart.

oop it's a F2A photomic if my memory serve me right, so use to saying F2 F2 F2 ai ya sorry for the mistake. :)

Indeed it is the F2A Photomic. The F2AS Photomic uses LED for metering, just like the FM/FM2.

I also lusted for the F2A, but it was way out of reach for me as a poor student. And before I could save up enough it was replaced by F3, and realistically I could only aim at the FE/FE2 levels.

Someday I will buy one for my collection! F2A Photomic!

Ben - We are often guilty of dismissing cameras as gimmicky or not up to standard but never tried them. But really, we normally can't.

But the FM2 doesn't do TTL flash, the FM3A, FE2, FG and F3 do.

The F2 in the other thread is an F2A, sorry for nit picking. He he.

No problem =) if i could have afforded the F3 i might have dismissed the FA too. wanted something with aperture priority to shoot faster and an real beat up FA popped up for $120 so jumped at it.

sry about the TTL thing. thought it was logical for the FM2 to have it. the FA does though, getting a SB-15 soon!

and hoping to get an F2A (or AS) one day too =P

Get the H1 focusing screen for the F3 :), your viewpoint is clear and since the whole thing is a microprism so you can focus anywhere in the screen quite precisely..:thumbsup:

QUOTE=azzurri
The downsides for me is that the K screen could be a bit brighter ...

You are too modest. I found your story quite touching and delivered with passion.

Thanks for posting the pictures - those are beautiful :)

[QUOTE=pansclub
To made long story shot as I am very poor in writing essay.
I am lucky to be proud owner, and thankful to nikon for producing a camera that allow me to sleep well after a important assignment.

I too have the F4. Actually bought it as an F4s with the MB-21 battery holder. But i found it too heavy despite it being one damn beautiful machine. So i started looking for the Mb-20 which i could not find in singapore or on ebay.

Finally got one thru GREYS OF WESTMINSTER, a Nikon stockist in London.

For now, the F4 sits inside my drybox while i play with my current favorite..the F3/T

nikon F4. simply the best :eek::eek::eek:

paisei, this is abit out... :embrass:
anyone can tell me where to buy the batt for my FM2 ? i been searching near my place, none sell this ..

varta V 76 PX

paisei, this is abit out... :embrass:
anyone can tell me where to buy the batt for my FM2 ? i been searching near my place, none sell this ..

varta V 76 PX

The FM2 uses the LR44 battery. This can be found in most shops; you can find the equivalent here. :)

Get the H1 focusing screen for the F3 :), your viewpoint is clear and since the whole thing is a microprism so you can focus anywhere in the screen quite precisely..:thumbsup:

QUOTE=azzurri
The downsides for me is that the K screen could be a bit brighter ...

Awesome, time to hunt for it!

Anyone thinks that F6 will be the last Nikon F?

I think it is the last of the "F"

I have been tempted many times to get the F6, but i hold back because it looks too modern. Reminds me of the D700.

I admit the reason why i started shooting film again last year - was due to nostalgia :embrass:

I wanted to fiddle with the shutter speed dials and aperture rings...listen to the clicks...and the racheting sound of winding the film manually :)

Am still dreaming that Nikon would realize a DSLR in the form of an analogue SLR like the F3hp. If Leica can do it with their digital M8, M9...it's possible :)

Hi CS members

I vouch for F3HP and have taken hundreds of rolls on this camera and it is still in perfect condition. Needless to say, also from the film era.

My "collection" includes a Nikkormat FT3, a F3THP champaign, and a F2T Titan with DP-12 finder. One website calls this F2AST or maybe F2TAS. Not sure what is the proper name.

My dream is to collect the FM2T year of the dog.

Indeed it is the F2A Photomic. The F2AS Photomic uses LED for metering, just like the FM/FM2.

I also lusted for the F2A, but it was way out of reach for me as a poor student. And before I could save up enough it was replaced by F3, and realistically I could only aim at the FE/FE2 levels.

You are right the AS led show you over or under and nothing in between, the needle on F2A is more practical as some time I can have a 1/3 or in between exposure so needle is best, another good point is needle does not need servicing no light to blow no fading of lcd and the button battery lasted many years before need changes, If I am not wrong I only change once for the pass 30 years as I hardly use the metering for work. (I use Minolta Light meter 3, it is another best item to have, its allow me to manipulate in total darkness where newer model require one to look before activating as all the button cluster together and identical in size.)

You are too modest. I found your story quite touching and delivered with passion.

Thanks for posting the pictures - those are beautiful :)

pansclub To made long story shot as I am very poor in writing essay. I am lucky to be proud owner said:
Hi COBALT,
Thanks for your kind words, I am not highly educated but I always try to learn so that I would not be left to far behind, I am quite free now aday and I took up digital photography as a hobby as there is still some shooting blood in my vein, bought a D 7k in nov and start to learn some new skill including PP. quite fun though. My progress will be slow and digital is a lot more forgiving then film, I found that I am a bit more careless when shooting because its free not like film, so I have to take note. :embrass:
Take care my friend.

Think the answer is obvious, unfortunately...

I have been tempted many times to get the F6, but i hold back because it looks too modern. Reminds me of the D700.

Yes, it could easily be mistaken for a D300 or D700. Until you open the back cover. :bsmilie:

But I think SLR/DSLR designs evolved for a reason. And all the high-tech mechanisms/metering systems aside, the ergonomics are much better with today's cameras. That's where the F6 is great imho. :)

Am still dreaming that Nikon would realize a DSLR in the form of an analogue SLR like the F3hp. If Leica can do it with their digital M8, M9...it's possible :)

If you don't mind a fixed lens camera not from Nikon, the upcoming Fujifilm X100 could be your answer. If I hadn't already invested in the Ricoh GXR system, I would be getting this...

you're not alone in that dream ;)