Your Fave film??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shidenx

Jul 28, 2002
Visit site
Whats your favourite film and why??? Wanna see which film is more popular:devil: Still clueless on what film to use.

I like True Lies... it rejuvenated the spies genre. In the usual James Cameron style of well-choreographed and well-paced sequences.

;p

Originally posted by denizenx
I like True Lies... it rejuvenated the spies genre. In the usual James Cameron style of well-choreographed and well-paced sequences.

;p

negative film lah
:kok:

i use reala for official events and NPS/NPC for outdoors ..

if cost is a factor, ISO200 should be suffice ..

all using fuji

Thanks for the input. And its Negatives i am talking no movies! :D :bsmilie:

True Lies was shot in Kodak Eastman stuff... LOL
I loved reala but slow. can try provia 400 if scanning.
I love b/w with tcn400, becos if I want grayscale I do 400, I want b/w I do 100-200... I like crazy grain i do 1600 LOL LOL...

Good question. Thats what i wanna know too. Buying film this Saturday but still quite clueless as to which to get. Wats good for travel? Say scenery in the day, some outdoor portraits and probably some night shots? Thanks

Originally posted by yellow_kiwi
Press 800... all purpose.

ASA 800 for taking scenery? Wouldnt that be abit grainy?

overkill lah... unless u all tele lenses...

Oh no tele lens. Only got a 50mm and a rather standard zoom. :D

overkill lah... unless u all tele lenses...

Originally posted by Klipsch

juz personal preference... ;p it happens to be film that serves me well all along. muz give it credit.

Good question. Thats what i wanna know too. Buying film this Saturday but still quite clueless as to which to get. Wats good for travel? Say scenery in the day, some outdoor portraits and probably some night shots? Thanks

Use 2 camera. One loaded with iso200 or iso400 fuji xtra for general purpose.

Night time use xtra800 in another cam. The day one still in the hotel room loh.

My case use digi cam in the day time, change to my mjuII for nightime indoor/outdoor with mini tripod. (mine is not a photography trip anyway, must carry less to enjoy more..)

BTW, get fuji for high iso film. period. no questions about it
;)

Kodak Supra 400 is my fav... but tend to use Fuji Superia 400 more mainly due to the significantly lower cost

travel ? NPS for the day ... and when come to night ... NPS also can but fujipress 800 is recommended ...

depends on your subjects ... if take people then use ISO 100 also can , but need different skills set ...

:dunno: actually all film look the same ... use ISO 100 , then tripod and very low shutter speed and if use ISO 800 fuji press then etc etc etc ...

iF someone pay you for it , then use FujiPress 800 for night ...

i prefer reala as it is rich in colour !!! but $$$$

outdoor portraits ? then use reala .... ( must have some lights otherwise use :light: )

the ultimate is to use slides ....

Press 800 has very fine grain for its ISO. But then again, it wouldnt be the most suitable film for scenery/landscapes. For such purposes, the best would be to use Velvia, on a tripod of course.
For outdoor portraits, you might want to try NPH 400 for negs, or Fuji Astia, if you're doing slides.

Originally posted by roti
EPP , EPD,EPL for slide EPD for cross processing ........;)

Hardcore Kodak fan eh? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.