Your Dream Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryk

Mar 8, 2004
Since i use a canon, it has all the canon stuff on it...however, go ahead and tell everybody what's your dream lens...weewoot

Mine would be a Canon EF 15-200 f1.0L IS DO USM. This zoom range would be like god's gift to photojournalists and street shooters... Yeah, sounds almost impossible, but hey...that's my dream...weewoot...

AdamGoi said:
DO and L are mutually exclusive; correct me if I'm wrong.

For me I just want the ultimate lens ... perfect eyesight! ;)

oh man adam, i share the same view as u :p
*i miss my perfect eyesight when i was still a kid :(*

15-1200mm f1.0 IS L and it should not weigh more than 1 kg, have perfect center of gravity for good handholding, shouldn't be longer than 20cm.

yeah dream on haha

sequitur said:
15-1200mm f1.0 IS L and it should not weigh more than 1 kg, have perfect center of gravity for good handholding, shouldn't be longer than 20cm.

Top up on tat, should not cost more than 1k?...

Oh man..less than 1k? Wet Dream already... ;p

This is the next lens for my collection: :cool:

Konica-Minolta Zoom Telephoto AF 80-200mm f/2.8 APO G Autofocus Lens USA
Mfr # 2628118 • B&H # MI8020028AAQ

List Price: $ 2,222.00
Our Price: $ 1,249.95

y0ngcheng said:
Aiz Aiz... Read too much books la....
Nah... I think U watch too much cartoons.. ;p

My dream lens would be the one which could move left or right, top or bottom or tilt to compose a photo creatively and in a refreshing way and crop it boldly.

In other words I can just put the camera on a tripod and set the self-timer and walk away.

AdamGoi said:
For me I just want the ultimate lens ... perfect eyesight! ;)
wavefront lasik at TTSH cost about $5k total.

y0ngcheng said:
wait till 21 years and go for the above mentioned op loh

Sion said:
My dream lens would be the one which could move left or right, top or bottom or tilt to compose a photo creatively and in a refreshing way and crop it boldly.

In other words I can just put the camera on a tripod and set the self-timer and walk away.

large format camera lenses can move left or right, top or bottom and tilt. but fortunately composition and exposure are still up to the photographer.

but if your dream came true, then there won't be a need for photographers anymore. (more like a nightmare to me.) :dunno:

dream lens... 12-1200mm f1.0L, must be under 1 kg, less than 20 cm long, and must be able to cost us about $2K max. Picture quality also must be like prime lenses... :gbounce:

K, i'm not as greedy. An 85/1.0 that's sharp wide open, very fast focussing, minimum focussing distance 0.3m and reasonably handholdable will be good enuff for me. (For the time being.) Hopefully below S$4k.

At the moment, I don't have any dream lens or even lens that I want. ;) I already have a very capable collection of good fast primes covering all the focal lengths I might be interested in. The day I've reached the limits of my current lenses might be the day I start lusting after lenses again, but.... :D

In my dreams: A 500mm f2.8 L IS or a 800mm f4 L IS which weighs abt the same as a 70-200 f2.8 (yeah rite) :D Or maybe a 100-1000mm constant f4 IS zoom.

In reality: A 500mm f4 L IS or 600mm f4 L IS (+ a 1D Mk II body) would make me a very happy man. :lovegrin:

Gosh, I love these talk coc* sessions. Really makes Monday feels like Saturdays.
Dream lens: 35mm f/0.5

Minoxman said:
Dream lens: 35mm f/0.5

i think this one can. It'll look a bit like a pancake - about 4cm long, but 8-10cm in diameter. The shallow DOF may be a bit self-defeating for that focal length though.

I think i'll skip on the fanciful wishlist and post something a bit more realistic :)

I'm a Canon user, and there are a couple of Nikon lenses i'd like to see Canon do.

A 12-24 F/4 for full frame cameras would be nice.

A 200-400 F/4 DO IS would be very good also. At the moment the only zoom up to 400mm is the 100-400 which is a slow and heavy lens and has the hated "pump action" zoom. I know this would be expensive - the 400 DO IS prime is already AUD$9000.

A 70-200 F/2.8 DO IS. Do we need a third 70-200 zoom in Canon's lineup? Well if it had DO technology and weighed half of what the current 70-200 IS weighs, I would buy it.

Introduce DO equivalents for all telephoto lenses and try to keep the prices down. DO could really be a killer technology if Canon would just sell the lenses at a sensible price!

Status
Not open for further replies.