YOUR daily rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoodsMM

Dec 22, 2006
Still Road
www.flickr.com
Start off with mine:
Got so irritated in church today. Ever wondered why some local churches refuse to installed fans (aside from air-conditioning). No religious pickings here, however, do you notice the overwhelming amount of people on special ocassions (easter, xmas, good friday, etc), obviously exceeding the maximum seating capacity of the church?

To add on, the poor ventilation + the burning of incense, very much decreases the oxygen levels within the church, and there have been people fainting, complaints, etc, yet no actions taken towards the poor ventilation. WHY? :angry:

I'm supposing it happens in other places as well, just so happen that i raked it up due to an incident in church today.. so once again, no pun intended!

IMO, your experience might be specific to that particular place. I've been to quite a few churches when they are packed like sardine on special occasion and never find their ventilation lacking. If anything, their air conditioning are almost always too cold (that goes for most cinema, lecture halls and auditorium as well). :D

My rant:

Why is it that when I say "thank you" to some service staffs like cashiers, cab driver and etc they won't greet me back? At times I wish they were sent to concentration camp and they clearly do not belong to a civilised world. ;p

Start off with mine:
Got so irritated in church today. Ever wondered why some local churches refuse to installed fans (aside from air-conditioning). No religious pickings here, however, do you notice the overwhelming amount of people on special ocassions (easter, xmas, good friday, etc), obviously exceeding the maximum seating capacity of the church?

To add on, the poor ventilation + the burning of incense, very much decreases the oxygen levels within the church, and there have been people fainting, complaints, etc, yet no actions taken towards the poor ventilation. WHY? :angry:

I'm supposing it happens in other places as well, just so happen that i raked it up due to an incident in church today.. so once again, no pun intended!

Ha ha ha! One way to avoid such a situation is to go to Easter sunrise service like I have done for the past 10 odd years. Its in the open and at the coolest time of the day - starts just before dawn (6.30 am). It feels really great, worshipping at day break!

My daily rant?

Nope - don't have any - I'm happy with life!!! Howszat?

Start off with mine:

There's a saying, "If your heart is cool, even fire can be cold."

Daily rant here? I'd not air it out, lest this whole thread gets locked. :bsmilie:

IMO, your experience might be specific to that particular place. I've been to quite a few churches when they are packed like sardine on special occasion and never find their ventilation lacking. If anything, their air conditioning are almost always too cold (that goes for most cinema, lecture halls and auditorium as well). :D

My rant:

Why is it that when I say "thank you" to some service staffs like cashiers, cab driver and etc they won't greet me back? At times I wish they were sent to concentration camp and they clearly do not belong to a civilised world. ;p
When I say thank you, I don't expect something back :), at least I did my best and that's what it is about.........

what the other person does (or does not) is not my problem

HS

When I say thank you, I don't expect something back :), at least I did my best and that's what it is about.........

what the other person does (or does not) is not my problem

HS

I agreed. I do the same thing but sometimes it keeps me wondering why some people don't reciprocate your gesture. It doesn't stop me from saying "thank you", however.

Daily rant -

My students didn't prepare for their video production properly and I have to do their work for them because there is not enough time.

Daily thank -

I can surf Clubsnap openly at work as I have to research and recommend a camera for purchase.

Daily rant -

My students didn't prepare for their video production properly and I have to do their work for them because there is not enough time.

Daily thank -

I can surf Clubsnap openly at work as I have to research and recommend a camera for purchase.
Are you a teacher?....how can you do the work for them? Sorry, if you are not a teacher.......then my comment doesn't apply.......

Start off with mine:

You should try going to other churches overseas (eg: china/myanmar) for missions and know how fortunate we are that we have the better amenities. :) Chill and enjoy the service!

true about keeping your heart cool.. :heart:

with regards to the 'thank you'...
i guess its just singaporeans? I say thank you all the time, but i'm already greeted by stale air. :dunno:

I will just rant on HDB lifts today.

Why do smokers like to bring their lit cigarettes into the lift? Is there some sort of macabre kick that they get stinking up the whole lift for the 30 seconds they spend in it? Finish your cigarette, or stub it out, before getting into the lift.

Read the freaking sign. Look at the picture if you can't read. No smoking.

Why do people like to spit in lifts? Do you imagine that spitting in the corner is any better than spitting right at the entrance, where someone is likely to step on your bird nest juice? Oh wait, you DO spit right at the entrance too. You must be some kind of lesser developed life form that happened to look like a human being.

As your spit dries, all the germs that you've just expelled, is shared with all the other lift users. Thanks a lot, mate!

Because of unsavoury neighbours like that, I have taken to using the less-convenient lift, and I use my key to poke at the lift buttons. I can't bear touching the buttons anymore.

oh my daily rant is the same:

if you put on your indicator to change lanes, the fella will speed up so you CANNOT.

it's on my wall daily, to remind me of how gracious singaporean drivers are.

if you put on your indicator to change lanes, the fella will speed up so you CANNOT.

Just have to get a faster car and change lane before signalling :bsmilie:

This is my rant:

Why my bus in Myanmar did not have thick cushions? My ass all numb from all the rumblings due to the bad road. Why no air-con bus and i must open the window only to be greeted by a "dust-storm" when another vehicle overtakes my bus? Why so many ppl squeezed inside the bus to the max and i become squashed?

Along the way, i saw men,women, old folks and children building roads under the hot sun and bathed in dust, earning a mere SGD$1.20 / day. I'm lucky i have a seat, a shelter to block the blazing sun and my hands are free instead of carrying baskets of gravels, a spade or a drill.

What else can i rant?

=(

Best part is you don't really have to put indicator. I have to, if I want to pass driving test. And I end up having to be more unsafe because I have to force my way in. =(

=(

Best part is you don't really have to put indicator. I have to, if I want to pass driving test. And I end up having to be more unsafe because I have to force my way in. =(

well pple don't put indicator becos of what i mentioned. pple don't give way IF they know you are coming in.

if they dunno u're coming in, they won't have time to make sure you don't. and that makes it unsafe, which is in the first place why we should indicate, it's safer.

lppl i say.

so now, i just use "who's balls bigger" attitude lor. u want u bang, if not u brake. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

so far no accidents. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

for the record : i ALWAYS indicate changing lanes (and turning) unless there's really no cars behind me for a reasonable distance (or at my blind spots).

My turn.

WTF is BMTC doing to REC nowadays? F-king rec come unit act big f-k in front of sgt. cb.....

Status
Not open for further replies.