Your comments on Kyocera Finecam SL400R

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldray

Jun 7, 2004
Singapore
Hi, this is my 1st post in Clubsnap! I'm new to digi-camera and just got 1 during PC Show yest. This Kyocera caught my attention and i bought it at $599. The package supposingly comes w/ 32mb SD card+128mb SD card+extra lithium battery and some nonsense (a camera bag + watch). However, due to battery out of stock, i ended up w/ a replacement of 64mb SD card for it. Seems like a ripped off... How much does a battery cost?

My comments on this camera after 1 day of try out.

PROS
1. Slim and compact, fits nicely in your palm
2. Comes w/ R-tune processor, which allows capture of snapshots directly to your SD card.
3. Record 30FPS movie with no time limit (depends on your capacity of your SD card)
4. Swivel design
5. Very fast startup, 2-3sec
6. Dayfine shots (have not try it out yet)

CONS
1. Overheating very fast (after >=20mins), not sure this design is because of the weather in Japan?
2. Camera consumes battery real fast. (it's a 700+mh lithium battery)

Questions
1. How to charge a battery? I think i charge wrongly...i heard that during the 1st rd, suppose to charge 8 hrs?? I only charged it for 1.5hrs.
2. Where to buy the lithium battery? How much does it cost?

aldray said:
1. How to charge a battery? I think i charge wrongly...i heard that during the 1st rd, suppose to charge 8 hrs?? I only charged it for 1.5hrs.
2. Where to buy the lithium battery? How much does it cost?

I don't know about your other questions, but 8 hrs are the minimum norm for first time charging. So, that's why your batt went flat so fast :)

Kyocera is known for pathetic battery life, and quick overheating. Yeah, the slim design caught my eye but i think the flash is rather weak for such a small cam. Other than that it's a good cam.

Yeah, have to charge it full 8h the first time.

aldray said:
what if i don't?

You might have lesser battery life :dunno:
Not sure, never tried it before :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.