Real genuine friend
Only if you buy from him regularly
Money talks: don’t mind paying more for friendship & "status"
Don’t mind paying more for good service & advice
If I don’t buy from him, I feel “off”
If I don’t buy from him, he will give sarcastic remark next time
No such thing as “friend” when money is involved
Only buy at the lowest quote regardless of which equipment
Only buy at lowest quote for simple items / accessories.
Only buy from “reliable” shop at reasonable quote

Feel free to share your experience.

Sion said:
Whoever can sell me a new 5D for A$600 is my dearest friend. :)

or someone you wanted dead or alive? :bigeyes:

So far I always go to one camera shop since not many in Ipoh. Have a little chit chat with the regulars there and sometimes try out some cameras in the process ;)

But I'm a little sick and tired of some single brand camera salesman that are always bragging about the greatness of their cameras. Nothing I hold against them since they need to make a sale but I find it really annoying when they start belittling other brands to do so. :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Cikgu101 said:
So far I always go to one camera shop since not many in Ipoh. Have a little chit chat with the regulars there and sometimes try out some cameras in the process ;)

But I'm a little sick and tired of some single brand camera salesman that are always bragging about the greatness of their cameras. Nothing I hold against them since they need to make a sale but I find it really annoying when they start belittling other brands to do so. :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

that shop sell Cannons? (spelling mistake intended)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
that shop sell Cannons? (spelling mistake intended)

The shop sells all known brands and the shop~owner is relatively helpful and friendly to me, maybe I buy most camera stuff from him'

but the single brand salesman I was talking is a friend of a photofriend who talks non~stop about his camera superior etc etc etc :nono:

For you to have a "friend" that supplies you the goods also means that it has to be a give-take situation. You can't expect him (he's running a shop anyways) to give you loss making prices, but something reasonable. At the same time you can't go asking him for prices and not give him business as well.

I do have a friend-dealer, and as for me, as long as I dont get conned like a tourist in SimLim its good enough. On the plus side, I can sms the guy anytime and get the best price without haggling, and I get to try out stuff before I buy with no strings attached. Once in a while you might even get a nice rumour about upcoming releases. Oh, and also it helps that he trust that you will pay. So its nice to go pick up a lens and pay a few days later, or a write a cheque (who says that photo gears are cheap?) and not have to wait for it to clear before grabbing the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.