Not open for further replies.

predator

Deregistered
Aug 15, 2005
De Predator Presents:

Theme : Sexy Clubbing Wear

Date: 15th Sep 2007 (Saturday)
Duration : 3pm to 6pm. (3hrs)
Location: Outdoor (Only made know to those who confirms booking)
Outfits: 2 outfits.
No. of Photogs: Min 12 photographers, max 15 photographers.
Ratio: Photogs will be split into 3 groups and rotate till all have completed.
Price: $55.00
Refreshments will be catered.

Please Note:
1. Kindly PM or email me with your name/nick and mobile number to register;
2. Booking Confirmation : Only upon payment is made in full. Payment details will be sent to you via SMS once you register.
3. Location details will be sent to you via SMS after payment is made.
4. My Contacts : ellustrator@yahoo.com HP: 90883038

Slots Available:
1. ratchet 1981 (Reserved)

Natasha

Natasha-Upload.JPG

Judy

Judy-Upload.jpg

Diana

Diana-Upload.jpg

All pictures are provided by the models.[/QUOTE]

Hi Guys.. Just an old man nagging, if you have time..

I am new to organising shoots, and I would say I am not an expert in photography. I am still learning like most of you, but perhaps due to the nature of my work, I was given many opportunities to practise and learn. It all started when a friend throw me his Nikon F401 (film camera) some fifteen years ago. Played around with it, made many mistakes and wasted alot money in developing them. Never knew who to ask and learn from, so it took me quite a while to get even the basics right.. Back then, no internet and digital cams and people charge alot to teach. So I somehow learn through the hard way by myself, lucky I always have this "never give up" attitude. Than, I stop for several year because the hobby became too expensive and the need to concentrate on bringing money home instead of expanded film. May I take this opportunity to share and learn from you guys.

Just wondering what would interest you people to join organised shoot?

Is it the young and beautiful models? Is it the price you will be paying?
Or just the time is must be right for you? Or the kind of advise you would probably get from fellow photographers?

Sometime ago a guy asked me which is more challenging to me, is it Studio Shoot or Outdoors?

My answer to him it depends...

Firstly, studio shoots are mostly using controlled lightings. Which obviously would make it easier. But what makes a studio look good? Is how you compose the subject, because you would have little space and background to play with, limited angles to shoot from. Lightings are dead. There are a few standard methods of setting up lights in a studio, play around with it and you will learn eventually. Read up some books would make you understand better. Using a light meter to check the setting required and you will hardly go wrong.

Outdoors are different, your shoots depends very much on the mercy of the sun. As you can't control lighting unless you bring along outdoor lighting systems with you. Maybe, you would want to do that if you are shooting for a company event or commercial purposes. If not, you will have to learn how to fight the sun. I am not saying how you compose your subject is no longer important, its just you additional things to worry about.

Any advise??

seriously bro..yr pricing good and yr models are pretty...mabbe most of them miss this thread?:think:

Aside from all the factors that u had mentioned,I think 1 more factor is also very important. & that's grouping.... Cos most people dun like too............. much people in the group,it's liked having mass @?$%.... Not to mention that word... Sorry to say so... Just my own point of view,I think minimum 3 to max 4 in the group is the best...No offends...

Thks Bro.. Upzzz for u.:)

:thumbsup:

seriously bro..yr pricing good and yr models are pretty...mabbe most of them miss this thread?:think:

Thks bro.. Upzz for u.:)

None taken, thks for the feedback. :thumbsup:

As you can see I am planning on a ration of 4:1 and max 5:1, and maybe its just a bit too much. But it helps when u want to adjust or find a angle and the others can carry on, not leaving the model restless.. The other reason is I am here not to be hell lot of money, I just want to cover some expenses and most important of all re-live my hobby.

There is really no secret in this trade, do yr math and u will know what I mean. If I have lesser people, means u guys will have to pay more.

Cheers and thks again...:)

Aside from all the factors that u had mentioned,I think 1 more factor is also very important. & that's grouping.... Cos most people dun like too............. much people in the group,it's liked having mass @?$%.... Not to mention that word... Sorry to say so... Just my own point of view,I think minimum 3 to max 4 in the group is the best...No offends...

If you want my take then here it is. And this applies to all other organisers too!

Firstly, let me introduce myself. I'm a keen hobbyist and although I've taken up, or rather, re-kindled my interest in photography (pg) some 2 1/2 years ago, I've been on numerous indoor and outdoor shoots. Hence I feel a little qualified to speak.

Outdoor shoots. I started off with outdoor shoots many, many years ago. In the old days, I was very fortunate to have a group (4 - 7) of my neighbours who used to organise models and we took them to places like SBG. Always on a Sun. morning. We bought them drinks and lunch. After lunch we come home and developed our films and printed them. (B/W) Many a time we would have HK A grade film stars to pose for us. Times were great.

Nowadays, we go out in a group of between 10 - 16 pgs, with 2 - 3 models. Most of the time the models would be at least 15 - 30 mins. late and some may not even turn up at all. All right, we shoot with a min. of 4 to a group - too many in my opinion. You can't really pose the model for shot after shot in that usual 15 - 30 mins. that each group has. By the time the model and you get comfortable with each other, its time to change models. And you start over again. True, you may have further sessions with her later but by that time, its nigh on to 1 1/2 hrs later and by then, then sun is well up (if u are lucky!) and all are quite tired. Then you take a break for perhaps 1/2 hr while the models change outfits. When they are ready again, its almost 11 - 11.30 am and the sun is lousy for taking portraits. Frustrating ?????? Time is always of the essence in a model shoot - in the mornings, its the noon-time you got to be aware of and in the afternoons, you can't get good light till about 4.30 - 5 pm and it all finishes at about 6 - 6.30 pm. Maybe later at the right time of the year.

Personally I find myself shooting at a 100 mph trying to get shots in without really composing the model for those few good shots that we are wont to have if we take our time and if the model knows something of her art. That brings me to another point - too many of these models don't really know how to pose! They may have pretty faces and some of them even can fill a bikini top (but not too often!) but its really how they can pose which is why we pay them to stand in front of our cameras.

Lastly, you are always at the mercy of the weather! And I don't blame anyone human for this!

Studio Shoots. In a studio, the pg is king/God. He alone is able to control the lighting and the model (assuming that he has an experienced model). Therefore good shots are entirely up to him. But if you have 6 - 8 pgs, then you have problems - the lighting is arranged by someone else and very often its a very general lighting set-up (like a Rembrandt) and you can't experiment with it. Also, at best you are shooting with one other pg and you got to wait your turn - firstly, to wait for the light to recharge and secondly, to pose the model again.

After all my grumbles and moans, I still attend model shoots - why? Because its cheaper than getting your own model and also it gives me a chance to meet and shoot with other pgs. And that may be the most important reason why I still attend these shoots!

And guys, I want to say a big thank you to them that organise these shoots and to all you pgs who have shared with me the joys of photography.

My wishes? I don't mind paying a little more and would like fewer people in a group.

If you want my take then here it is. And this applies to all other organisers too!

Firstly, let me introduce myself. I'm a keen hobbyist and although I've taken up, or rather, re-kindled my interest in photography (pg) some 2 1/2 years ago, I've been on numerous indoor and outdoor shoots. Hence I feel a little qualified to speak.

Outdoor shoots. I started off with outdoor shoots many, many years ago. In the old days, I was very fortunate to have a group (4 - 7) of my neighbours who used to organise models and we took them to places like SBG. Always on a Sun. morning. We bought them drinks and lunch. After lunch we come home and developed our films and printed them. (B/W) Many a time we would have HK A grade film stars to pose for us. Times were great.

Nowadays, we go out in a group of between 10 - 16 pgs, with 2 - 3 models. Most of the time the models would be at least 15 - 30 mins. late and some may not even turn up at all. All right, we shoot with a min. of 4 to a group - too many in my opinion. You can't really pose the model for shot after shot in that usual 15 - 30 mins. that each group has. By the time the model and you get comfortable with each other, its time to change models. And you start over again. True, you may have further sessions with her later but by that time, its nigh on to 1 1/2 hrs later and by then, then sun is well up (if u are lucky!) and all are quite tired. Then you take a break for perhaps 1/2 hr while the models change outfits. When they are ready again, its almost 11 - 11.30 am and the sun is lousy for taking portraits. Frustrating ?????? Time is always of the essence in a model shoot - in the mornings, its the noon-time you got to be aware of and in the afternoons, you can't get good light till about 4.30 - 5 pm and it all finishes at about 6 - 6.30 pm. Maybe later at the right time of the year.

Personally I find myself shooting at a 100 mph trying to get shots in without really composing the model for those few good shots that we are wont to have if we take our time and if the model knows something of her art. That brings me to another point - too many of these models don't really know how to pose! They may have pretty faces and some of them even can fill a bikini top (but not too often!) but its really how they can pose which is why we pay them to stand in front of our cameras.

Lastly, you are always at the mercy of the weather! And I don't blame anyone human for this!

Studio Shoots. In a studio, the pg is king/God. He alone is able to control the lighting and the model (assuming that he has an experienced model). Therefore good shots are entirely up to him. But if you have 6 - 8 pgs, then you have problems - the lighting is arranged by someone else and very often its a very general lighting set-up (like a Rembrandt) and you can't experiment with it. Also, at best you are shooting with one other pg and you got to wait your turn - firstly, to wait for the light to recharge and secondly, to pose the model again.

After all my grumbles and moans, I still attend model shoots - why? Because its cheaper than getting your own model and also it gives me a chance to meet and shoot with other pgs. And that may be the most important reason why I still attend these shoots!

And guys, I want to say a big thank you to them that organise these shoots and to all you pgs who have shared with me the joys of photography.

My wishes? I don't mind paying a little more and would like fewer people in a group.

But hor ..... why dun you try to shoot your own friends, instead of paid shoot?
There have been an great increasment in paid model shoot in CS nowsadys ... maybe alot organiser have discover this is an easy money lor ...

There have been an great increasment in paid model shoot in CS nowsadys ... maybe alot organiser have discover this is an easy money lor ...

Good question - but the friends around my age group have got so many chins that I need a calculator. And they are more likely to be friends with the plastic surgeon than with photographers! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Thks for the feedback and I like your honesty.:):thumbsup:

Will take into consideration. Cheers

Upzzz for you bro..

Thks for yr feedback. Cheers

Lets put it this way, I am not speaking for the rest of the organisers. For my case, I pay a certain amount for the models ranging from $40-$80 per hour per model depending on a few factors like her experience, theme of the day, and their demands, etc.

Before deciding where to bring your guys, I will have to make a trip drop the several locations to check the place out to make sure that it is suitable, available and what are the things we can do there. Please also consider my time and transportation expenses for such activities. And so happen that the place has limitations on public transport, I will have to fetch the girls, to and back.

If necesary, I will even provide props depending on the theme, reflectors and dont forget refreshments are also provided for both the photographers and models.

So do you still think, it is really very good money for outdoor shoots? I would say sometimes the money I get from a shoot may not even buy me a filter.

For your kind understanding.

Good question - but the friends around my age group have got so many chins that I need a calculator. And they are more likely to be friends with the plastic surgeon than with photographers! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

minimum of 12 photographers to start,
mayb a bit tough especially when u dun have regulars.

Agreed. 12 is ideal, so 4 in a group. If worst case I will even start if there is at least 9 guys. I wont make money, but as I have mentioned I dont think this trade will make me rich. So all I need to to cover my expenses and live my hobby to the fullest.:)

Hi, I beg to differ... I think with quality models and good pricing. This will take off.. Have faith!

Cheers
SS

Bro, Thks for the encouragement.

Upzz for u.. Cheers:)

Hi, I beg to differ... I think with quality models and good pricing. This will take off.. Have faith!

Cheers
SS

Not so easy like we thought. Organize one and see if u make any money :)

U r rite, bro.

Thks for understanding.. Cheers..

Upz for u..:)

Not so easy like we thought. Organize one and see if u make any money :)

Well said syl! you reflected my thoughts exactly.
Shoot these days are more for networking and getting some exercise really.
Must work off those extra pounds.

Any takers..... Pls dont dissapoint the girls.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.