You guys all into Digital SLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makan007

Feb 17, 2002
Singapore
I'm still using film SLR. :embrass: What's the percentage of ppl using digital SLR in here?

hmmm... at the last count, i've a pentax mz-10, a lubitel 166U and a soon-to-be bought holga 120G. ;)

come to the dark-side ....of digital photography.....

once hooked, you will never look back...

Muhhahahaa

Well, that is what I think.... But with DSLR and the possibility of changing the options inbetween shots, like ISO and instant preview.... well, the temptation is too great.

My humble Pentax family will be looking for a new owner(s) soon, once I am back from my reservist.....

Not quite. I turned back to film ;) Probably one of the rare few though.
May go fully into DSLRs when the FF bodies become affordable to normal folks like myself.

I still shoot on a film SLR. No digital. DSLR's are too d*mn expensive for what they deliver, for my needs.

Sion said:
Is that a Holga 120G(igital) ?

hahaha..... :bsmilie: dat will the be day, if they create a digital back for the holga!

no lah. holga 120G is a medium format 'toy camera'. see here.
http://www.argonauta.com/html/holga_cameras.htm

i've been developing a taste of taking B&W pics in 35mm or 120 format (6x6 cm) of late. ;)

i shot digital first then picked up film and shoot both concurrently now.. does that count ?

Due to the wide spread of computers and popularity of Internet, many put their photograph on the Internet today. I believe (not 100% sure) 80% are stored electronically while only 20% made into print. Computer display are 75dpi, u cant change your screen pixel size. The larger the megapixel size will only show a larger picture display on monitor because 75dpi is 75dpi. Ofcos when print, more pixel make larger prints possible without losing resolution.

Some people make digital print using ink jet while ok, it is not as good as lab print from film. It is like 35mm film scan using consumer flat bed and trying to compare it (non photographic optic scan) with a photographic class CCD. You can lab scan film to jpeg and send digital to lab print too but then they are different thing also.

So digital is digital, analog is analog.

Scanning from film can be good if you using drum scanner or scan to PhotoCD but then they are expensive. So, convert film to digital format is fine but it is not as good as pure Digital. Printing digital is quite good but it is different from printing film.

They exist for different purposes. Digital photography is so clean and can be very sharp. Pixel are arrange in repeated pattern, so they are clean looking. Grain in film does not arrange in similar pattern so they look smoother. Very much like a plotter drawing, so precious and clean. Hand scretches can never match the precision but it is why there is life when u scretch with hand.

There is a poll here ->

Click here

Use whatever u like and like Jack Dykinga said: "Cameras and lenses are simply tools to place our unique vision on film. Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colors and your images will stir the soul."

I am still a film lover.... :thumbsup:

its where i started and i will carry on shooting in film..... :D

I use DSLR but I still keep my analog SLR..

Digital makes life easier, that's making me follow the darkside.. :bsmilie:

I shoot film too. The only digital camera i have is a 2mp Lumix my father bought 3yrs and i hardly touch it at all...

I love shooting digital - for the convenience and instant gratification. Actually, also for the home darkroom.

I am also shooting 6x6 film on my dad's 35-years-old Rolleicord TLR. Really high res and detailed. Recently, I have also started on 35mm slides, Velvia colours are really stunning.

I have great respect for film and slides. Digital is selling well and making good money, but there will always be a place for film and slides. It's like computer graphics are doing very well now, but painters using the paintbrush is still able to make good art.

hmm...i shoot on both .... ahah

digital is fun...but i get this tingle whenever i release the shutter on my film bodies..

Status
Not open for further replies.