You focus on shooting while agency solicits business for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnurbart22

Feb 21, 2007
hi all,

we all have heard about focusing on our core competency. you may be a really good photographer but without right marketing tools, network and contacts, you won't make a lot of money. would like your opinion of whether you'll like an agency to take care of business development for you at a small cut (10-20%).

hi all,

we all have heard about focusing on our core competency. you may be a really good photographer but without right marketing tools, network and contacts, you won't make a lot of money. would like your opinion of whether you'll like an agency to take care of business development for you at a small cut (10-20%).

I think that's a fair deal but the agent has to have a good history of soliciting work for photographers to start

hi all,

Sound interesting.

sounds good.

why not? if the agent only takes a cut when he manages to get jobs for us? No loopholes as far as i can see, unless you say there's registration fee and other miscellaneous fees.

saves me the hassle of finding jobs. more like an additional channel for work

hi all,

Sure, count me in.

the same way that it is being done in the states?

where photographers have agents/reps

EXACTLY. the same way as how it is in States and Europe.

Am asking on behalf of my friend who brewed this idea. he's not in the photography line but definitely a good businessman.

interesting..but would like to know more:think:
how are you going to market the photographers?

If this deal gets going, the rate of commissions should be clearly written in a signed agreeement with clauses for channels for auditing thrown in. We all know what happened when modelling agencies started the whole taking commissions for finding jobs for models.

it would also be good to be sure about legal obligations..ie if (touch wood) somethings happens to you and /or your equipment thereby affecting your photo shoot, where lies the accountability and legal protection ...etc..insurance?

EXACTLY. the same way as how it is in States and Europe.

Am asking on behalf of my friend who brewed this idea. he's not in the photography line but definitely a good businessman.

So it is a market survey before your friend launch the idea?

yes! somewhat a market research. from what i see, the thread responses are positive. for now will close the thread and update if there's some concrete plans. thank you everyone for your time!

Nothing really new. The idea of a rep has been around, but will probably not serve the good ones since they already have their own base/niche.

You can try searching "Photo-Rep"....

Status
Not open for further replies.