YOG so many empty seats at sold out sports venues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforce1

Aug 18, 2003
So many empty seats yet the public were turned away from purchasing the tickets. Are we depriving the publics from supporting the events. Q for one hour before the games yet there is no tickets as some venues sold out events. Yet so many empty seats shown on tv live telecast for the sold out events. Mostly empty seats were filled up by NOC's teams supporting their teams. Is this our real sporting events, empty seat without the real supports of the public. End of the day no ticket no talk just watched on tv. My humble view.

Last edited:
from what i understand from the news, this situation may have arised because:

1) bulk purchase from moe

2) apathetic students don't attend

they are already selling tickets at the door or something, if the seats are not filled.

With the reselling of the empty seats, I think its only a matter of time before we see this situation in stomp.

Ticket holder held up in office, arrived 15mins late to find his $30 seat resold by the organisers. Now is there a clause in the ticket T & C for a refund ?

No tickets got problem

Have tickets also got problem

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

p/s the ticket has NO seat number....... as long as you get a seat to watch the event.... they're covered..... and IF its really FULL HOUSE they have said that there will be a refund (I'm sure a happy problem they look forward to !)

COME ON !!! why has nobody started a thread yet complaining about the YOG bus drivers acting like road-gansters ???

Last edited:
hahhaa

then someone find a clause " reselling tickets is illegal "

:)

I just wish this YOG thing would just go away....

So many empty seats yet the public were turned away from purchasing the tickets. Are we depriving the publics from supporting the events. Q for one hour before the games yet there is no tickets as some venues sold out events. Yet so many empty seats shown on tv live telecast for the sold out events. Mostly empty seats were filled up by NOC's teams supporting their teams. Is this our real sporting events, empty seat without the real supports of the public. End of the day no ticket no talk just watched on tv. My humble view.

This is what happens when MOE buy tickets and force students to wayang to please the gov :thumbsd:

People who are interested to watch end up with no tickets :angry:

Yahoo news report a traffic accident involve YOG bus :(

Somehow I already see this coming when a CS member said he almost crash his car into the
YOG bus that cut into his path :(

YOG buses don't obey traffic rules, YOG food sucks, YOG tickets not sold to people who are interested.

The gov shouldn't waste SG tax payers money to make Singaporean looks bad :angry:

Just saw this on TR.

People we need the strength in numbers to make our fustrations heard. Parents who have children forced to attend / made to stand in the rain, commuters under the tyranny of yog vehicles, citizens that have been adversely affected or generally pissed about the ill-management overall.

PLEASE WE NEED YOUR VOICES!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/vivianyogapology/

No tickets got problem

Have tickets also got problem

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

p/s the ticket has NO seat number....... as long as you get a seat to watch the event.... they're covered..... and IF its really FULL HOUSE they have said that there will be a refund (I'm sure a happy problem they look forward to !)

COME ON !!! why has nobody started a thread yet complaining about the YOG bus drivers acting like road-gansters ???

I think once open, they prob can resell tickets up to 80% or 90% capacity or something. Then the rest reserve for late comers. If you're ticket holder for a YOG event, you shouldn't be late anyway. ;)

from what i understand from the news, this situation may have arised because:

1) bulk purchase from moe

2) apathetic students don't attend

they are already selling tickets at the door or something, if the seats are not filled.

Students' mindset: Buy MC to not go to sch and this event. :dunno:

Btw, luckily the Singaporeans very supportive of YOG.
Go and support the games.. :sweat:

Was there when the locals supporters q up to buy tickets but was turn away. The sporting venues have so many empty seats. Most of the sports have this problems, sell out events with many empty seats.

With the reselling of the empty seats, I think its only a matter of time before we see this situation in stomp.

Ticket holder held up in office, arrived 15mins late to find his $30 seat resold by the organisers. Now is there a clause in the ticket T & C for a refund ?

you don't read the news?

also addressed, the YOG officials will give up their seats, dr vivian balakrishnan said -

including him, if needed.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_568256.html

'But I need to emphasise that I cannot guarantee entry for people who come in at the last minute,' Dr Balakrishnan said on the sidelines of yesterday's swimming competition at the Singapore Sports School.

'But if at all possible, there is a spare seat, we will make it available to you. I want to ensure that every single seat is filled and that all our athletes get the support that they so richly deserve.'

But this could mean two ticket holders for one seat. But for those who buy tickets early and arrive late, Dr Balakrishnan promised that organisers would do their best to find a seat for them.

'Even if it means kicking someone like myself or the officials out of the official seat...we will do so,' he said.

the problem is, that the students are there with their respective teachers
and after one match (in the case of hockey) one whole section just got up and went home.
leaving the seats empty

the problem is, that the students are there with their respective teachers
and after one match (in the case of hockey) one whole section just got up and went home.
leaving the seats empty

Yes, these is correct. Watched two hour then take packout. Another group is the NOC's participants, support their team then packout.

Status
Not open for further replies.