YOG Opening Ceremony Rehearsal

IcCcYBoi

Feb 20, 2005
Singapore
Hi bros,
would like to check with you guys, what lens should i bring to the opening ceremony rehearsal show? it'll be held at the floating platform. is a 18-200IS lens enough? (im using 450d btw) it'll start at around 7.30pm

thanks in advance! ;)

Please tell us where you will be seated / standing and why you think your current lens is not suitable.

Hi bros,
would like to check with you guys, what lens should i bring to the opening ceremony rehearsal show? it'll be held at the floating platform. is a 18-200IS lens enough? (im using 450d btw) it'll start at around 7.30pm

thanks in advance! ;)
bring a nifty fifty if you have one. 18-200mm to me is useful if in broad daylight or subject is illuminated by strong light and even then have to increase the iso and play with shutter speed so that a balance of brightness and freezing the moment can be achieved.

If you are going to be shooting at a distance and not sure how dark it will be and need fast shutter speed, the 85mm f/1.4 or 135mm f/2 would be what i bring. If i am certain of the lighting condition, the 70-200 f/2.8 is a good all rounder.

Last edited:
why not tell us what lens do you have? A 200 1.8, 300mm 2.8 would be nice but whether you have them is another issue. 18-200 would suffice if you are prepared to bump ur ISO to 1600.

Are you sure you can bring in camera, if you look at the rehearsal ticket it stated that NO PHOTOGRAPHY, NO VIDEO OR AUDIO. They want keep it as secrete as possible. I dont think so they will allow to take photos.

Not as if the location is covered in an impenetrable blanket of concrete and steel.

There are so many venues to shoot from.

Anyway...above post has a point. What TS can do is wait till people start taking out cameras to shoot, then simply join them.

Take note of the standard safety checks at the entry points if any in the unlikely chance the x-ray may affect any electronics in the bag.

Last edited:
i didnt really look at the ticket. guess i can only bring a pns or simply dont bring any camera in then. :dunno:

i didnt really look at the ticket. guess i can only bring a pns or simply dont bring any camera in then. :dunno:

When is the rehearsal?
I can get a ticket for the actual opening ceremony, which is from 7.30pm - 10pm. I believe each section is free seating.
I'm only interested in what time the fireworks is, and i'm a bit unsure whether it's a good place to take fireworks pics from :confused: I'm guessing my 11-16mm WA lens will be good enough for that. There's also concern about use of tripod, they probably won't allow to bring in, but you can certainly bring in DSLR (not sure about rehearsal though).