YOG: I'm at the tennis, cannot use tripod!

TroyP

Dec 23, 2008
I had my tripod extended to my head height so I can support the weight of my 2kg cam/lens, and they tell me cannot use tripod! WTF!
Now I'm not using tripod, must use my arms to support the weight for 3hrs....:angry:

I had my tripod extended to my head height so I can support the weight of my 2kg cam/lens, and they tell me cannot use tripod! WTF!
Now I'm not using tripod, must use my arms to support the weight for 3hrs....:angry:
Next time use a monopod......its also easier for you to swing the combo and follow the action rather than on a tripod

The tripod legs may stand in your way, and in others way too. Monopod won't

Next time use a monopod......its also easier for you to swing the combo and follow the action rather than on a tripod

The tripod legs may stand in your way, and in others way too. Monopod won't

I'm using my tripod as a monopod, I wasn't extending the legs, nor obstructing anyones view. I don't own a monopod.

I'm using my tripod as a monopod, I wasn't extending the legs, nor obstructing anyones view. I don't own a monopod.

If the tripod is not opened up as to obstruct the walkway, it seems reasonable to permit it.

chill troy.

why didn't u just enjoy watching the game instead?

chill troy.

why didn't u just enjoy watching the game instead?
agreed .... :rolleyes:

for those people who are only interested in shooting, don't go and get frustrated unnecessarily.

Troy
Yesterday I was at the Bishan venue for Athletics with my tripod and no one said anything. Must admit though that I was not using it ...

Maybe they are concerned of users setting up the tripod and other pple walking pass tripping over the tripod legs? And they can't monitor every individual whether the tripod is being used for not?

Singaporeans...some idiots in the stands using flash on their cameras while the match was on. Flash - in broad daylight. Distract the players. In some ways, we are uncouth, ignorant and hopeless people. Uniquely Singapore. The officials got to announce on the PA to tell them to stop doing this.

Singaporeans...some idiots in the stands using flash on their cameras while the match was on. Flash - in broad daylight. Distract the players. In some ways, we are uncouth, ignorant and hopeless people. Uniquely Singapore. The officials got to announce on the PA to tell them to stop doing this.

NOT everybody uses manual mode for their cameras ....most ppl who are not familiar with photography will just use AUTO mode in their cameras.... so flash will auto fire if the cameras think it required to lor...can't blame the users totally lar

but good that there are annoucements to stop using flash..but whether the users know how to switch off the flash is another matter...:bsmilie:

But I have also seem ppl who continued to use flash despite being warned...then these ppl will deserved those "names" you just call them...

Last edited:
Good endurance training for the body. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

He's super muscular. Mark J Rebilas is also a very good drag racing photographer. Go check out his blog haha. He's probably the most fit professional photographer I've came across. I've never seen someone handhold a 400mm before let alone on a D3 and running down the flanks haha.

Must understand the ushers are merely doing their job, and you are just shooting for leisure. It's very difficult for them to make a judgement call. It's a safety consideration, and I think it's a reasonable one. If they allow you to use your tripod, then what if a lot of people also start using their tripod, whether or not the legs of the tripod are spread?

As photographers (or rather, photography enthusiasts), we should try to be as unobtrusive as possible, and not expect the world to adapt to our needs. Yes, we do feel frustrated, but think of other people as well.

I hope this answers your "WTF?".