YOG food issue again .....

this is not the last case regards to YOG........

sigh...
makes i feel embrassed being a singaporean. 'We' always say we so good so good, very clever, safe and clean, but now like that.. so many bad or lousy incidents from this YOG thing.

:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

such a big event, sure have many cases, just that is it settled behind doors or open to public..

anyway, i hope nothing big is coming out, as it reflects badly on singapore image.

OT,

also saw a thread on EDMW that says one of the 'collectibles' got 'human mistake'..

SIYOG130_big.jpg

picture from vpost website

it says Youth Olympic Villoge

OT,

also saw a thread on EDMW that says one of the 'collectibles' got 'human mistake'..

SIYOG130_big.jpg

picture from vpost website

it says Youth Olympic Villoge

frankly speaking, i won't mind such mistakes lah... it's human to err...

as for the food poisoning... i don't think it is easy to avoid too... but that does not mean no due diligence should be done... bcos it may cost human lives...

as for the food poisoning... i don't think it is easy to avoid too... but that does not mean no due diligence should be done... bcos it may cost human lives...

Hopefully those that were hit with food poisioning is now recovering and none of them is in serious condition.

agree it is only human to err, but to have 26 person getting food poisioning is very bad.
i hope it is not the same food catering company SFI, if it is, then this is really bad for them.

maybe its a way to show carppy food is better than poison food, so dont complain??:bsmilie:

seriously, being "volunteer", just what kind of insurrance is entitled?

food poison, collaspe of canopy (lucky no injuries as reported in the link. what is suffer permenent injury like hair line crak in the spine, chopped off finger (yes, can join back, but it will never be the same interm of mobility & strength!!)

seriously, being "volunteer", just what kind of insurrance is entitled?

now that you mentioned, wonder if our volunteers are insured. Anyone knows ?

Eyes on this thread........ gentle reminder

Quote from Guidelines:
"NOTE: Although Kopitiam is meant as a catch-all area for things not related to photography, posts/threads which are:
religious,
POLITICAL,
racist;
in nature or can be construed as such will also be stamped out, abolished and demolished without prejudice. "

:)

Last edited:
incident likes this happen everywhere and anytime. Just a small matter, more so only happened to the volunteers, no big deal, let us move on.

just read the official statement.

one thing is that the volunteers are now "Workforce".

My son who is "volunteering" is so tired and hardly have time to study for his term exams, I asked him why not just quit, he is fearful of reprisals and so he continues on. He is from a local Poly... I am wondering are all Poly's participating and JC's too? how about the elite JC's?

Since this is a food thread so I will comment something about food also.. at least many volunteers got food to eat albeit not of highest quality food. My son is fasting, no exceptions.

My son who is "volunteering" is so tired and hardly have time to study for his term exams, I asked him why not just quit, he is fearful of reprisals and so he continues on. He is from a local Poly... I am wondering are all Poly's participating and JC's too? how about the elite JC's?

Since this is a food thread so I will comment something about food also.. at least many volunteers got food to eat albeit not of highest quality food. My son is fasting, no exceptions.

What reprisals? Imagined or concrete?

What do you think? this come from my son and he still is volunteering.

What I mean is- did your son receive any "official statements" on the "reprisals" or he based it on hearsay. If so, what do the reprisals consist of?