Yn 560 iii does not fire on d3100

darkzyrax

Mar 17, 2012
Hi all.. I juz bought a Yongnuo 560 iii external flash.. Wen i mount it on my d3100 the flash doesnt fire.. I set the flash Manual so as my d3100 to manual but i still cant seem to get it fire.. When i use auto the build in flash pop up.. Usually wen u mount e flash it would automatically work right.. Is there somethibg wrong with e shoe mount?

Please check that the flash mount is pushed into the hot shoe all the way & it is locked. Check by giving the flash a slight at the hot shoe & see if it slides out, by right it will not if it's fully seated & locked down.

If not try a reboot / reset to the flash.

Please check that the flash mount is pushed into the hot shoe all the way & it is locked. Check by giving the flash a slight at the hot shoe & see if it slides out, by right it will not if it's fully seated & locked down.

If not try a reboot / reset to the flash.

I did push it all the way in & lock it but the problem still persist maybe i need to check it on another body & flash to find out the cause..

Check that it's not on the manual wireless receiver mode which can only be triggered by the RF603 trigger. On the right side of the display panel, do you see an icon that looks like the "wifi" icon? If yes, press the mode button a few more times til it goes back to manual without that wifi icon.

Er... I know it is stupid for me to suggest, but I think, you could check to see if the salesperson actually gave you the correct flash. Was it for Nikon or Canon?

Yes i did check e manual setting is not with wifi yet its still doesnt fire. Yn 560 iii is compatible wif nikon & canon. Based on youtube it can fire on both brands yet im still not sure of problem im facing. Hot shoe is fit all the way in, settings is manual on both flash & camera body no wifi signal for flash.

try to press the red button on the flash to see if it can test fire? if yes, then is not problem with flash, so u can narrow down the issue..

Test fire the flash it works.. Try in on shutter speed 1/200 1/180 1/160 & lower wif aperture f.8 higher & lower still doesnt work. Not sure wat is blocking the communication from yhe body to the flash..

Test fire the flash it works.. Try in on shutter speed 1/200 1/180 1/160 & lower wif aperture f.8 higher & lower still doesnt work. Not sure wat is blocking the communication from yhe body to the flash..

The minimum pin connection for manual mode to work is the center pin on the hotshoe, if nothing is connected in the center, it will never fire.

Hmm, can rule out user error then. Signs point to a possible hardware issue. More likely to be the YN (assuming Nikon's QC is better than YN's, but could be either). Next step is to do what Catchlight suggested in post #3 to narrow down the fault.

Pin is connected to centreof the hotshoe. Check & recheck by a friend of mine. Most probably i will follow catchlight advise. Before dat do i need to do any setting on my camera dat may cause the interference between the connection?