Yishun Happenings in June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie-vai

Feb 16, 2007
Khatib
www.fotologue.jp
Hello people!

The good old folks at Yishun are planning a cycling trip to Seletar area on 6 June 2009, with our cameras of course! So, brush the dust off your bicycle and join us as we make our way through Yishun Dam, Lower Seletar Reservoir, Seletar Camp, and so on.

We will be shooting anything and everything with our DSLRs, SLRs, and lomo cameras. It will be an easy and relaxed morning of fun photography, light cycling and opportunities to make new friends with fellow enthusiasts.

Date: 6 June 2009 (Saturday)
Time: 0700hrs
Meeting place: Khatib Central for breakfast first

What are you waiting for? RSVP now by replying to this thread, or dropping me a mail at tokjiajie@hotmail.com ;)

No bicycle how. Can ride bike? haha

Thinking of joining since its near my place. Always wanted to take picture of seletar camp.

I'm staying at Khatib central..No bicycle also.. but driving..maybe those without bicycle can hop into my car if I can make it on tat day..:)

i am interested but i stay in sembawang.wiil it be ok.But i dont own a bicycle, anyway to work around it?:)

hi guys. no worries, i am sure we can work something out for people with no bicycle! if johnong316 can make it, then i suppose 4 others can hop into his car :bsmilie:

so perhaps we can all meet up for breakfast first, introduce ourselves, set our photography objectives for the day, then set off to Seletar in our whatever means... lets confirm this again.

we can then end the session at Jalan Kayu, be it prata or tau huay.

May i kick start the following attendance list first.

Confirmed
1. Jiajie (bicycle)
2. Xing (bicycle)
3. Nick (bicycle)

Interested
1. wheresmycheese (bicycle) (hi bro, you may want to join us for breakfast first?)
2. kongmalikong (no bicycle, but got bike)
3. johnong316 (no bicycle, don't mind driving)
4. moodsetter (no bicycle)

i will try my best to roll out a plan to accommodate everyone. meanwhile, keep the response coming and preferably confirm your attendance, before i announce the final itinerary. thanks!

Hi guys, sorry but I just went to Yishun Dam on Saturday morning and found all routes leading there have boarded up. I took the route from Seletar camp. Perhaps you have better luck accessing there via Yishun side.

If anyone can confirm a route there, please let me know. I would love to go there for a photo session.

hi guys. no worries, i am sure we can work something out for people with no bicycle! if johnong316 can make it, then i suppose 4 others can hop into his car :bsmilie:

so perhaps we can all meet up for breakfast first, introduce ourselves, set our photography objectives for the day, then set off to Seletar in our whatever means... lets confirm this again.

Confirmed
1. Jiajie (bicycle)
2. Xing (bicycle)
3. Nick (bicycle)

Interested
1. wheresmycheese (bicycle) (hi bro, you may want to join us for breakfast first?)

i will try my best to roll out a plan to accommodate everyone. meanwhile, keep the response coming and preferably confirm your attendance, before i announce the final itinerary. thanks!

i got no bicycle.. nope not joining for bfast. shooting probably :D

sound like fun... stay yishun got bicycle, but no stamina... how far is the journey from yishun to seletar camp?

just visited seletar camp tdoay. The area near the Yishun damn is very dusty n full of construction. Definately not safe for cyclist due to many dump trucks, even at 9am.

just bought a $100 buck bike over the weekend. this should be a good way to test it out.

sound like fun... stay yishun got bicycle, but no stamina... how far is the journey from yishun to seletar camp?
haha... to be exact... its about 20mins of solid riding, if you are going to enjoy the scenery, smell the flowers.... it will take abt 40mins :)

the area is so bad now? havent been cycling there for the past few months.

Sounds like fun! And so near my place. But i no have bike n dun tink can make it that day.. Prolly join in next round. Good to see happenings in Yishun! :)

Confirmed
1. Jiajie (bicycle)
2. Xing (bicycle)
3. Nick (bicycle)

Interested

5. khandar (no bicycle, stay at AMK)

6. wormz777 (bicycle)

Hopefully can join you guys that day, but probably riding my bike or driving, if driving can pick ferry a few of you guys. Btw anyone live around 390+ - 400+ area? Can meet up for kopi to talk **** sing song. Hahah!!

Hiya, there was this YSS thread some time back but it was closed due to the new gatherings guidelines.

Glad to see something similar back, just that sadly I'll be away on 6th June.

Hope to see more of these gatherings.

hallo. i wanna join. but got no bicycle....

Hello people,

actually, we are the folks from YSS previously, and we do hope to revive the photography activities back at home!

due to the construction activities at Seletar area, we may be just stopping at Yishun Dam for our shoot. however, we still face the problem of transporting people who doesn't own bicycle at home.

since the response is pretty good this time, i am thinking we meet at another location for a shoot this saturday instead. lets use this chance to meet one another, take some photos and talk about the photography activities we can plan and engage as a community. allow me to discuss this with my big brother, Xing, and i will update on the status again, soon.

hope to meet as many people as possible this coming saturday!

Hi guys! Didn't know got so many fella CSers in Yishun! I'm usually with the 1000D ppl (gilas) but sometimes cycle ard in Yishun area when i'm feeling "itchy" but lazy....hope to meet up with you guys for SSS one day! BTW what does YSS stands for???

Status
Not open for further replies.