Yishun Dam - lizard, birds and insect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ling Nightsky

Mar 23, 2002
Heaven on Earth
h-y-p-h-e-n-s.net
Went to shoot at Yishun Dam this morning.... very rainy day....
My first shot at using my new 80-400mm VR! whee!

DSC_2154JPEG.jpg

DSC_2187JPEG.jpg

A half-changed coloured lizard :p wondering if it's Calotes Versicolor (aka Changeable Lizard )?

DSC_2209JPEG.jpg

Chestnut munia :lovegrin:

DSC_2256JPEG.jpg

busy beeeee....

DSC_2261JPEG.jpg

DSC_2331JPEG.jpg

DSC_2336JPEG.jpg

Olive-backed sunbird building it's nest.... unfortunately, it rained very heavily this afternoon, so i guess it's gonna rebuild it's nest again... :(

Hi ling, quite nice shots u hv there, very rare to find girls into nature photography.

Cheers..

Haha... then I guess I'm a social abnorm too?

(And hey! I got the 80-400 VR not long ago and am loving it. ;) )

Nice vivid colours of the male Changeable Lizard you have there. Judging from the many recent shots of this reptile it seems that they're actively set out to woo the females this wet season.

Thanx CYRN :) The lens is great so far although it does makes my arms strain, lol! guess i need a tripod.

^5 husky! glad you love the lens too! Yup it's definately the mating season for this guy by the looks of it's bright orange head and black throat.

very nice series , all done by 80-400 VR?
l like the 2nd lizard, 1st look too center but both are well shot
The sunbirds nesting are nice and this Chestnut munia is so cute:lovegrin:
overall well done men, keep it up.hopr to see more posting from u:thumbsup:

Some nice shots you've got there. I'm new to Birding so would apreciate some Birding tips like the best time to shoot, camera settings etc to start off.

Ling Nightsky said:
Thanx CYRN :) The lens is great so far although it does makes my arms strain, lol! guess i need a tripod.

^5 husky! glad you love the lens too! Yup it's definately the mating season for this guy by the looks of it's bright orange head and black throat.

I told you that you need a tripod.
am very happy to see the lens at work

cheers

btw if i'm free will bring you shoot the bluethroat bee eater.

DeSwitch: hi there, i'm new to birding too actually, hehe... lots to learn from the pros here

Toxicdiver: thank you!

dDarkroom: I've just gotten myself a Benro tripod! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.