yippee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

finally got myself a decent film scanner. now clubsnap will have to suffer from my picture postings once again, in addition to a huge backlog of unposted digital images.......:devil: ;p

i hope the speed of the forums will be okay these few days.

now if i can just figure out how to use this scanner...........

Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi

finally got myself a decent film scanner. now clubsnap will have to suffer from my picture postings once again, in addition to a huge backlog of unposted digital images.......:devil: ;p

simi brand and model? :p

The more, the better:D We are kinda greedy:devil:

:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Hi

Send it over to me, I KNOW how to use the thing. :D

Regards
CK

Originally posted by catmanzecatz

simi brand and model? :p

Hi

the scanner i got is my first Nikon product (*horrors*!), the CoolScan IV ED (also known as the LS40).

first impressions are not bad! didn't attempt to calibrate, didn't attempt to optimise anything yet, and the scans are coming out good (mounted slides). comes out a bit under to my eyes, but otherwise sharp and colors are right. (u dun get weird color casts)

software is clunky though - Nikon really needs someone to teach them how to design the UI for their software applications (then again, so does Canon! look at the horrible image browser!)

don't forget to download nikonscan 3.1.2

i got the Coolscan IV in the end. Economics won ;p
welcome to the Nikon camp .... muahahaha ... first the scanner, then the other equipment .... muahahahaha....

You can now experience ED technology with the Coolscan IV ... if u need pointers on how to use the scanner, gimme a tinkle, I have been using it for more than a year now.

Yeah! Nikon scanners works best with Nikon glass and cameras. They are optimised for each other. If you find that results are not quite right, try using a Nikon lens (as opposed to some overpriced German ones :devil: ;p :rbounce: )

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
Yeah! Nikon scanners works best with Nikon glass and cameras. They are optimised for each other. If you find that results are not quite right, try using a Nikon lens (as opposed to some overpriced German ones :devil: ;p :rbounce: )

Regards
CK

Woooooohooooo!!!!!:rbounce: :rbounce:

RD, if u have decided to join the Nikon camp, I dun mind paying $1000 for yr 1v;p

nonsense. in fact, i find the scanned images a bit cold. (honestly) maybe wat they say about Nikon lenses are true after all........:D :devil:

nonsense. in fact, i find the scanned images a bit cold. (honestly) maybe wat they say about Nikon lenses are true after all........:D :devil:

A Spyder will solve your problem. Your few years old 15" CRT isn't going to cut it. CRT monitors age over time, affecting colour. I highly recommend the Eizo L565 17" LCD. Zapp can attest to that. :)

photo01.jpg

Regards
CK

A Spyder will solve your problem. Your few years old 15" CRT isn't going to cut it. CRT monitors age over time, affecting colour. I highly recommend the Eizo L565 17" LCD. Zapp can attest to that. :)

photo01.jpg

Regards
CK

Why stop @ after acquiring a film scanner? Spend another $2k on a spyder and L565! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.