yet another stupid headphone topic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
yeah i know too many topics on headphone already :bsmilie:.....i lazy to go through like 20 over pages? :sweatsm:

my budget is $200. please recommend , forget all about the technical specs and etc..

Thanks.

:heart::heart:

btw, i am currently using Audio Technica ATH-EM7

Last edited:
Grado SR80 $180. get a full ear pads for $10!
used for 2 years. thrown ard and sat on it twice. still working great.. :)

I'm surprised no body asked him what his taste in music was? Matching headphones with certain music genres can go a long way.

forget all about the technical specs and etc..

Thanks.

:heart::heart:

I'm surprised no body asked him what his taste in music was?

TS had order us to leave out those details ;)

BTW, having owned a Grado SR80, IMHO, I would say it fit all genres. it's not that other brands are inferior, it's just that grado fit my small head. others are simply too bulky and heavy. most are difficult to drive, etc , etc, ...

may i know any recommended shop where they sell grados and the Alessandro MS-1? many thanks.:)

denon 1001 !
I love them.. now just to get money to get them :dunno:

Jaben forums got quite a few second hand ones going for $120ish with 10+ months warranty.

oh, thanks. will go and have a look. btw dunno if it is the right place to post this, but does a amp boost the sound quailty to a great extend?

Last edited:
Subjective. The greatest changes can be heard when you change your source and headphones. Amp not that noticable. The batter phones like the k701, HD600, AD2000 all can be driven without an amp but will sound horribly flat. Finding an amp + headphone combo that you liek willt ake time and lots of auditioning :D

You can go down jaben to have a look.
Wilson might have some good bundles for u

I personally feel MS1 don't benefit much from headphone amplifier. I also use a MS Pro. Now that's a different story. :bsmilie:

Thanks bros for the help, ha, i think i will be making a trip down to jaben this weekend and see what can be worked out. :)

jaben there can test out their headphones?

can! test until your battery flat also can. bring your portable player or ipod so that u dun have to wait for your turn
another place will be Stereo Electronics in Woodland

Status
Not open for further replies.