Yet another shot of the Helix bridge

ahming111

Jan 28, 2010
Hi,
just another shot of the helix bridge. :)

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Overall impression. composition, exposure etc...

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
i just hope to take a gd photo of the helix bridge

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
under the bridge, on a hot hot saturday night

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
personally i do like the photo but i do like to know what others think also.

thanks for looking.

4689302433_e27b61df5d.jpg

Ai-yah, this is worse. ( sorry for the rude comment )

don't know why all the pictures posted here of the Helix are all from the ( or almost ) same angle of approach.

btw, hot saturday nite has got nothing to do with the photography, it doesn't affect the exposure or colour.

Last edited:
"Landscape photography in city is always difficult to pull off, due to the tremendous amount of stray elements that would dampen the enthusiasm of the photographer."

Someone senior told me this before and I find it very true. Hope you benefit from this advice too.

Isn't it you've always hear the phrase...it's very challenging. So must take up the challenge mah !

Isn't it you've always hear the phrase...it's very challenging. So must take up the challenge mah !

I think that location's biggest problem is that the helix is blocking MBS + many buildings in the background...one must really go into the water to isolate the bridge I guess:D

I think that location's biggest problem is that the helix is blocking MBS + many buildings in the background...one must really go into the water to isolate the bridge I guess:D

Have you seen anyone shooting submerge in the water ?

If my memory serve me correct, there was a picture of a photographer shooting the Merlion with his lower half body submerge in the water.

Have anyone seen that pic ?

So, this coming Thursday, 24th, will be the opening of the sky park. Pls station at the vantage point, but definitely not from this angle.

Ai-yah, this is worse. ( sorry for the rude comment )

don't know why all the pictures posted here of the Helix are all from the ( or almost ) same angle of approach.

btw, hot saturday nite has got nothing to do with the photography, it doesn't affect the exposure or colour.

oh is it? sorry didn't really notice about that angle is shot too often shot, my apologies.

anyway, didn't know that pt num 3 can't be used to describe about the weather :)

so from the comments given, i suppose this shot is no that gd after all?

so from the comments given, i suppose this shot is no that gd after all?

don't worry too much...I suppose you put it on Critique to look for others' view on your creation. Just take note of others' comments, don't put it to heart but put it in mind and try again. There's always room for improvement when you try:D

There are a lot of search light beaming at the sky this evening, can be seen from quite a far distance, preparing for the big opening on Thursday, most probably there will be fireworks and all the jazz, so get prepared to station at the best angle. Be early too !

And also the ION residential tower block are also testing their exterior multi coloured running light this evening. Though some are faulty.

Last edited:

"Landscape photography in city is always difficult to pull off, due to the tremendous amount of stray elements that would dampen the enthusiasm of the photographer."

Someone senior told me this before and I find it very true. Hope you benefit from this advice too.

I am not sure if the city planners had thought about things from a photographic perspective when they commisioned the building of such public works. The concrete bridge on the left side of the Helix is an eye sore to me photographically. Why would they place two bridges so close together?

I guess there is no photographer among the team that plans the city. :sweat: What is the use when we spent millions of dollars creating a beautiful bridge, only to place it next to an ordinary concrete bridge; Making it a huge contrast between the ordinary and the asthethic.:think: