Yet Another K20D Review (Photography Monthly Jun 08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
self-poison

2477070132_e9fdf7fcbe_o.jpg

2477070290_9e9869e1dd_o.jpg

2476257105_a389ae2268_o.jpg

2477070194_1651e89e1b_o.jpg

2476257201_6296ee9bdd_o.jpg

20 fps????? :bigeyes:

i guess they incorporated a "video" function into the cam, and then "decompress" it into individual small frames and make them photos?

Oh Man Stop posting this.. youre Poisoning us Again... hehehe...

20 fps????? :bigeyes:

i guess they incorporated a "video" function into the cam, and then "decompress" it into individual small frames and make them photos?

you mean, people didn't know got 20 fps? :dunno:

not sure how they do it. but it is 1.6 megapixel

Oh Man Stop posting this.. youre Poisoning us Again... hehehe...

if i poison myself a lot, then maybe the decreasing digits in the bank account won't hurt so much. :devil: drag a few more down with me :devil:

if i poison myself a lot, then maybe the decreasing digits in the bank account won't hurt so much. :devil: drag a few more down with me :devil:
will wait for a while... im still broke.. hehehe..

bro, i think its against the copyright to scan and post the magazine content. i really suggest u remove it before you get yourself into trouble. Just my 2cents. :D

Hey, you guys don't need any more review like this lah. Haven't I said enough already? Trust me, just buy one, you won't regret :bsmilie:

WTF? Use SD card is a disadvantage? I thought we're over that crap a long time ago...

I've not used the 20fps mode even once so far ;p
Looks like I should try it out some time.!

BTW, what's his gripe about using SD cards? I far prefer SD cards to CF cards even with the slight speed penalty. There is always a risk of damaging the pins in a CF reader....and then bye bye.
EDIT: OMG! Vulpixor has been reading my mind. He and I posted the same thing at the same time.:bsmilie:

How come using SD is an disadvantage? :think:

Even the built of CF cards might be better, but that does not means SD is no good. :)

yeah man...why would SD card be a disadvantage? it was many years back but these days practically everyone and all devices use SD instead of CF. Maybe the tester is a C guy...?;)

bro, i think its against the copyright to scan and post the magazine content. i really suggest u remove it before you get yourself into trouble. Just my 2cents. :D

ah hey bro, thanks for your concern but i doubt it would be any trouble - in any case, i'm sure the mods would delete the thread if there was any blatant infringement; i did think about this but i based it on what i knew about the national library guidelines on photocopying which states that for published books, not more than one chapter or 10% of number of pages; for periodicals, not more than the whole of one article - certainly this doesn't infringe that, it may be a loose fit, but shouldn't be too far off the mark.

WTF? Use SD card is a disadvantage? I thought we're over that crap a long time ago...

How come using SD is an disadvantage? :think:

Even the built of CF cards might be better, but that does not means SD is no good. :)

well, i think max speed of sd card is still 133x, max speed of cf has reached 300x maximum.

this based on specs taken from fastest cf card i could find on warehouseexpress (uk retail site),

sandisk 4gb 266x extreme iv cf gives:
Mb/sec read 40 MB/sec
Mb/sec write 40 MB/sec

sandisk extreme III 122x sd gives:
Mb/sec read 20
Mb/sec write 20

i guess that's what he's drumming about, unfortunately i do not know how large the file sizes are for k10d and k20d respectively; or whether the card format would be a limiting factor here rather than the camera's processor.. but to me (and i suppose to many) it won't really matter.

but i'm sure it would matter to some, if say, using a max speed cf would give performance improvement over a max speed sd, if you catch my drift. and assuming that the k20d is indeed targeted at the higher end of the market, since pentax does not seem to have anything better at present, i'm sure professionals would fall into that group.. so it's not very fair to say that the speed penalty versus durability thing works the same way for everyone. :)

i doubt it will be long before sd manages to put out something matching cf though.. especially since everyone's embracing the format.

ah hey bro, thanks for your concern but i doubt it would be any trouble - in any case, i'm sure the mods would delete the thread if there was any blatant infringement; i did think about this but i based it on what i knew about the national library guidelines on photocopying which states that for published books, not more than one chapter or 10% of number of pages; for periodicals, not more than the whole of one article - certainly this doesn't infringe that, it may be a loose fit, but shouldn't be too far off the mark.

It's not for profit, so should be okay I guess. Isn't there a Fair Use Law for these sort of things?

I guess Dennis is the next to get poisoned.:bsmilie:

well, i still have a few more reviews from uk mags if you guys want it :devil: :devil: it's the only chance i'll get to touch my k100d before the exams end anyways.

nothing but praise, across the board :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.