yet another company bites the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsoong

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Today is a mixed day.....

i dunno whether to be happy or sad....but i'm definitely worried.

ANother supposedly "ESTEEMED" biotech company bites the dust shortly after a spate of bigger names closed down or merged or assimilated.....

My company is gonded...hence officially i'm jobless...

i'm happy, because i have a chance to get out of the big and rubbished hype that "LIFE SCIENCE RESEARCH IS GREAT AND FANTASTIC!" ....i wanna see how great it is to scringe to eat bread and drink water everyday.

I'm sad, because despite a fantastic boss and great leaps that we've made in our discipline leading to some great papers, because of EXCO inability to draw in more funds or generate that investors interest to part with their $$$, many of the major workers in the lab (all are > BSc with 90% having a 2nd upper hons, and some MSc) are sacrificed.

I'm worried because there is 6mths to my wedding dinner and i need to look for a job to keep savings...else i'll go into red....

Now.....within this 6mths....

stay in this line and really pray for a miracle?
or stray...................

help!

ANother supposedly "ESTEEMED" biotech company bites the dust shortly after a spate of bigger names closed down or merged or assimilated.....

i'm happy, because i have a chance to get out of the big and rubbished hype that "LIFE SCIENCE RESEARCH IS GREAT AND FANTASTIC!" ....i wanna see how great it is to scringe to eat bread and drink water everyday.

I'm sad, because despite a fantastic boss and great leaps that we've made in our discipline leading to some great papers, because of EXCO inability to draw in more funds or generate that investors interest to part with their $$$, many of the major workers in the lab (all are > BSc with 90% having a 2nd upper hons, and some MSc) are sacrificed.

I'm worried because there is 6mths to my wedding dinner and i need to look for a job to keep savings...else i'll go into red....

help!

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened so close to your big day.

But perhaps you might want to look at this as an opportunity to try another field? :)

He who dares win. :)

Good luck my friend. :)

help!

its a sign...for u to go full time pro. photog. :thumbsup:

Well I hope your company helps you find something. It is quite a good job market, so keep your chin up, and brush up your resume.

help!

wah, good luck man...

hope u find a high paying job soon ar...

Nvm I know you, you steady one. Ai zai, you will make it!!

Well I hope your company helps you find something. It is quite a good job market, so keep your chin up, and brush up your resume.

thanx to everyone for their encouragement. I'll really give it abit of time to ponder. but definitely cannot negate the constant worry :(

swampthing> nope, my company won't do that. the job market is good in a sense that they are employing,................. i think u should see n know whats the reason y there is open availability ........ thats because the attrition rate is RIDICULOUSLY HIGH! which then boils down again to whats the REAL situation in this discipline!

2ndly, definitely will rewrite my resume....abit too long..... i can only say, most researchers would hope to have the same experience that i've enjoyed...but reason y it will be difficult to land a job? coz the specialization that i currently have, only a fraction of the life science companies in SG can have the facility, the training and the instruments .....hence....its a catch22 situation.

no money to afford the gold plating for u leh... :sweat:

LOL!

now in such a situation....

even if i'm a terracotta lobot also can lar.

seriously i hate catch 22 situations!

ARGH!

i'm going to have a burst aneurysm soon

Well. this is an extreme suggestion... but you can put off your wedding for a while...

Sorry to hear about your job situation.

Take this as an opportunity to strike out to do something that really means something for you, get a better paying job, change career ...

Well. this is an extreme suggestion... but you can put off your wedding for a while...

can't.....last year penned down already. n place booked...

now its really 6mths...zhun zhun when they will charge u for postponement :(

Sorry to hear about your job situation.

Take this as an opportunity to strike out to do something that really means something for you, get a better paying job, change career ...

hey DP, thanx for your kind words,

yeah....i suppose i need abit of time to forget this trade.....and move on........ ...

In life, you will have to take chances sometimes.... Keep your chin up and move on... Cest La Vie

Sorry to hear that too, hope you land a job soon.

Never know life science company can be so unstable, though most life science company get their investors from oversea?

Sorry to hear about that... no idea when I spoke to you yesterday :(

Good luck on the job search, will let you know if anything comes up

time for you to buy the saturday newspapers. since you are a graduate you should not have any problems getting interviews

the next thing is that you need to lower your expectation and try as much as possible compete with the foreign talent.

look for those stable companies stay far far away from companies with ads every sat.

in the meanwhile eat $2 rice and drink more water.

try not to take cab so much and use more public transportation

save save save!!! go to sentosa for honeymoon.

Bro Soong, sorry to hear about your situation. Hope, you will a job soon and a better one too. Good luck in your future endeavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.