Yet Another Airbus A380 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, can do me a favor and check out the pictures?

I have been getting some feedback that the thumbnails look jagged on some screens but the file is ok once you click on the thumbnail. Can confirm please?

The thumbnails look perfectly ok on my 2 screens at home, one running at 1024x768 and the other at 1600x1024, both Macs.

Would appreciate if you could post your feedback on what you see here. Please state what system u using and screen resolution.

Many thanks!

Yes, the thumbnails are indeed jagged.
Acutal pic look fine.
Viewed on Windows XP pro, 19" LCD, 1280x1024 resolution.

Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

It's normal for thumbnails to be jagged.

Anyway the camera CCD is dusty.

jc1 - Thanks

rainman - thanks, the anti-dust feature was turned off in my cam that day

thumbnails looked jagged. when clicked and IE resized to fit my screen (1024x768) still looks a little jagged.. but when expanded full size looks ok.

Cool shots. :thumbsup:

Terence said:
jc1 - Thanks

rainman - thanks, the anti-dust feature was turned off in my cam that day
wat anti dust feature??

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I will have to find another to display my thumbnails to suit the different users.

Hi
Although it is possible to encounter JAGGIES at certain angles of straight lines
it seems your thumbnails are over jagged. Maybe you wanna try
thumber or similar software.

http://www.tawbaware.com/thumber.htm

Allan

Are the other pics in my blog showing jagged thumbnails too?

The way I do them at the moment is just a simple resize of the original image. I'm surprised the jagged edges appear. Guess the Mac applies some sort of smoothening to the images.

Nice pictures. Which lens were you using?

wildstallion said:
The last three look computer generated, except for the dust, or is that just me?

The wife said the same thing too. Because of the noon day sun angle, I had to brighten the images up in PS, that's probably what gave it the "artificial" feel.

Great set of photos Terence. The A380 looks like a fantastic sight. I can't imagine what it must look like in person. :bigeyes:

-steve

Hi Terence,

I have viewed the thumbnails over a few computers (all desktops) and all look very jagged. Even your Aviation Photos 2 and 3 also have very jagged thumbnails.

MM

MountainMan said:
Hi Terence,

I have viewed the thumbnails over a few computers (all desktops) and all look very jagged. Even your Aviation Photos 2 and 3 also have very jagged thumbnails.

MM

Thanks Eric, I'm surfing on a PC at the moment and I see what you mean. Will be using another method to generate future thumbnails. I think the problem is because I am resizing the thumbnails themselves to make them smaller. It would probably be alright if I left them in their original size.

All the posts with thumbnails are the same actually, not just the aviaiton shots.

did u crop or is 400mm enough? im going on saturday with a 300+tc1.7. is ur metering accurate or did u shoot manual? how abt awb?

Status
Not open for further replies.