.... Yeos Chrysanthemum Tea @ $2.85........

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hieee....

Juz wanna share my greatest SHOCK!!!!! yesterday at the Esplanade.......can anyone have any idea on how the heck this soft drink can fetch a price of $2.85.............from one of the "local food" shops next to the main theatre.....

Wanna Splurge ???.....go get you high end soft drink at the Esplanade...

regards,
me

Originally posted by Kit

Esplanade edition soft drinks...... 150ml. :D

Don't drink so much also. God knows how much they charge you for using the toilets.:D
well.. so far no charges on the toilets usage....
so pls hor...... DON"T give them ideas!!!!!
:p

The "local food" place out side is mainly serving local food and i suppose its suppose its there as an alternative for people who aren't keen at eating from the designer or hip coffee joint or restaurant.

Mebbe plus the fact that these places "local food" place are out and away from the main area due to the "bau dapur" - in malay......or meaning "smell of the kitchen" that sticks to your shirt/clothes normally experienced in food center.

Well, being "another ordinary average income" Singaporean who wanna spent time there over the weekend......would't it be logical to have places where family can enjoy their meals as and when they want at reasonable rates. But $2.85 for a 250ml can drink will truely be some what overboard.

So Does this mean that ESPLANADE is only cut "suitable" to suit the large pockets??.... Or "too bad....you have to go across to Marina Square to eat" kinda thingy...

Share your thoughts.......

regards,
:eek:(..........

Originally posted by sulhan
The "local food" place out side is mainly serving local food and i suppose its suppose its there as an alternative for people who aren't keen at eating from the designer or hip coffee joint or restaurant.

Mebbe plus the fact that these places "local food" place are out and away from the main area due to the "bau dapur" - in malay......or meaning "smell of the kitchen" that sticks to your shirt/clothes normally experienced in food center.

Well, being "another ordinary average income" Singaporean who wanna spent time there over the weekend......would't it be logical to have places where family can enjoy their meals as and when they want at reasonable rates. But $2.85 for a 250ml can drink will truely be some what overboard.

So Does this mean that ESPLANADE is only cut "suitable" to suit the large pockets??.... Or "too bad....you have to go across to Marina Square to eat" kinda thingy...

Share your thoughts.......

regards,
:eek:(..........

Like I said, they're going after the 600 million spent on building the shells(which is totally unncecessary in the first place) from anywhere they can lay their hands on.

To me, its just bad building economics.

maybe i go there to sell can drinks. cost price so low, selling price so high. for those who are tired of IT , join me !!

Originally posted by ninelives
maybe i go there to sell can drinks. cost price so low, selling price so high. for those who are tired of IT , join me !!

9 lives.. hehe.. try lor. ;) Extremely high profit margin!

Originally posted by ninelives
Can..can...I'll be your marketing manager, photographer for the advertising program, etc...... :bsmilie:

So when you going to start your business? :D

But it could be partly be due to the ridiculously high rent that the shop owners have to pay.. So they may have no choice but to inflate the prices sky high....

actually i'm not surprised... if you can fork out $10 for a coke in a disco/nightspot, why not $2.85 in a hi-crass place like Esplanade?

Originally posted by Larry
actually i'm not surprised... if you can fork out $10 for a coke in a disco/nightspot, why not $2.85 in a hi-crass place like Esplanade?

soft drink at boat quay is seven bucks. thats why i never buy soft drink at pub/disco cos a beer is only a couple bucks more.

Hahaha....eh really ex sia..
Maybe bring waterbottle lahz...the river there nia...drink from river lohz....better than paying 500% more for the pathetic pack of soft drinks...
Clubbing bopian mahz...u wanna show off 2 the chicks tat u go wit mahz...muz show tat u're not a miser !
hahaha...~
:D

Originally posted by Larry

u sure that's not Coke plus whiskey that u forked out for? :D

Originally posted by JaDe
Hahaha....eh really ex sia..
Maybe bring waterbottle lahz...the river there nia...drink from river lohz....better than paying 500% more for the pathetic pack of soft drinks...
Clubbing bopian mahz...u wanna show off 2 the chicks tat u go wit mahz...muz show tat u're not a miser !
hahaha...~
:D

haha if u drink from the river think the post-mortem costs more than 2.85sgd LOL

Originally posted by mervlam
u sure that's not Coke plus whiskey that u forked out for? :D
quite sure... as far as the nightspot people are concerned, a coke costs almost as much as a alcoholic drink cos they wanna discounrage people from drinking soft drinks and get loose with the alcohol... that's my take on it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.