Yellow Lotus

Status
Not open for further replies.

YHwee1

Sep 29, 2006
Hi,

Took a picture of a yellow lotus. Welcome your comments. Concentrating on the exposure this time. Took a number of shots. This seems like an interesting composition to me. Wonder it works.

Yellow Lotus
MG_1292_copy.jpg

Doesn't work in the composition at all. In my opinion, shd be in landscape format. Not sure where the focus is cause the lotus is not even complete.

You can keep this layout, but note that it'll normally be better if you can keep the whole flower within the frame.

Could be used as a bookmark with a line or 2 of poem on the empty space.

nice picture, composition works for me.
but i dun like the way the light catches the flowers.
the shadows makes the bottom layer of petals feel detached.

Doesn't work in the composition at all. In my opinion, shd be in landscape format. Not sure where the focus is cause the lotus is not even complete.

Hi,

Thank you for your comments. I agree the picture could be too tightly cropped. This is because there are certain areas which I wanted to hide. The lotus is found growing in a pot of water, of which the pot edges which I do not wish to include.

How would you do it if you have to take it in a potrait shot? :)

You can keep this layout, but note that it'll normally be better if you can keep the whole flower within the frame.

Could be used as a bookmark with a line or 2 of poem on the empty space.

A bookmark is an excellent suggestion... Thanks!...
Yup, I agree it is too tightly cropped. I will try and post some more pictures of it in the subsequent week. Anyway, thank you for your nice comments n suggestions.! Appreciate it!
;)

nice picture, composition works for me.
but i dun like the way the light catches the flowers.
the shadows makes the bottom layer of petals feel detached.

Hi,

The lighting is really a problem when I'm shooting this lotus. It was originally litted with a nice sunlight blocked by the clouds. However, my luck was gone in a short while when the clouds shifted. This resulted in the harsh lightings. I wonder polariser can help here. Really is an idiot in using polarisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.