Yellow Bonnet

cannedpineapples

Jul 25, 2011
yellow_bonnet.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

Post-processing: I wanted to make it look abstract and focus on the bright, intense yellow that is being portrayed simultaneously in different ways within the image.
Composition: There are three elements in this picture: the bonnet, the reflection in the bonnet, and the lines on the background hump. Does this work?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Firstly, the yellow being presented in varying ways adds an element of interest. The curvature of the bonnet also contrasts with the lines in the background. To keep viewer interest, there is also the hint of a reflection on the bonnet. This is primarily a modern, abstract image, aiming to explore the colour yellow.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

It was in the evening, around 6:30pm, on the way to sun-set.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I like the lines. The colour is a bit saturated, but I really wanted to go for the abstract look. Maybe if the reflection reached down a little further into the center of the bonnet this image would work better.

hmmmm i dont think the headlight and bumper of the car is adding anything significant to the image

good idea working with a reflection on the bonnet of the car

i like the lines too but not the distractions of the headlight

good eye bro' keep it up :)

hmmmm i dont think the headlight and bumper of the car is adding anything significant to the image

good idea working with a reflection on the bonnet of the car

i like the lines too but not the distractions of the headlight

good eye bro' keep it up :)

Thanks for the encouragement! Will keep on simplifying.

ed9119 summarized it nicely. Crop out the distraction and it will come out a nice abstract piece.

Thanks Grumpy. Gotta keep reminding myself that less is more!

Yup as you have said, More Reflection to cover the bonnet will be very nice!! great idea!!

Thanks :) I love these abstract shots. It's amazing what you'll find when you look beyond subject and see the basic lines/ images/ colors.