- Year of the tiger

hhho

Nov 2, 2003
West
Visit site
Hi! wish all clubsnap members a happy lunar new year!

103_8401a.jpg

Today onlines the big Story,
"The tiger could be extinct by 2022, the next Year of the Tiger. We look at why it's so hard to tamp down on poachers and the flourishing tiger trade."

http://imcms2.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/PDF/20100213/1302HLW002.pdf

Last edited:
thank you hhho for the article. a great tiger fan i am. hopefully the global tiger summit held in russia would do something. india has 2 tiger reserve which has been completely wipe out of tigers due to poaching in recent yrs. the poachers should be the ones becoming extinct. maybe they should come out with a law to poach poachers.

Nice shot!

The world most fearful creature is not the tiger, lion or aligator. It is the humans who hunt them that is most feared. Hope that those poachers would stop doing these actions.

lovely portrait shot of the big cat! :)

Went out to try and get the Tiger Shrike yesterday but guess it was on hols too.

Happy Tiger Year.

Happy hunting.

Tiger.

Nice color. If you could clone away the tree trunk behind and also perhaps shows the tiger paws.

Thank you, chvictor.
It's mission impossible for my poor ps skill.

Nice shot!

The world most fearful creature is not the tiger, lion or aligator. It is the humans who hunt them that is most feared. Hope that those poachers would stop doing these actions.
Actually, it is not the hunters but the demand of so call aphrodisiacs, so call medicinal properties and ornamental carvings that people turn them into that is causing their disappearance.

I agree, Man is the most dangerous animal.

../azul123

Actually, it is not the hunters but the demand of so call aphrodisiacs, so call medicinal properties and ornamental carvings that people turn them into that is causing their disappearance.

I agree, Man is the most dangerous animal.

../azul123

Couldn't agree more!

I'm quite amazed that here in SG yu can still see some men selling tiger claws on the street, just roaming around. :(

Hope this generation will find awareness on preserving them....

Btw, Love this head shot...:thumbsup:

The tiger pics well taken. :thumbsup: