Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
:vhappy: It's the end of the year.. How times files!! :vhappy:

How have you fared for this whole year as compare to last? :devil:

What is the single most significant events that happened to you in term of photography? :xmas:

Achieving a record of helping 13 (MO 1) and 15 (MO 2) interested D70-wannabe owners making their wish come true within 1 month+ time? :cheers:

Purchasing my first DSLR in April this year, which turns my life upside-down.

Started out strong, shot feverishly the first half of the year, quality ok, then realy slowed down during the 3rd quarter ... but making a big time come back, shooting feverishly again, again, quality ok. Oh well, if I cannot improve on teh quality, might as well concentrate on quantity.

I'm just glad that I have resisted the temptation (at least for this year) to constantly upgrade hoping that my work will improve! All in all, my passion in photography has not been affected at all! ;)

Upgraded my P&S to Canon S50,

Bought another P&S for pocket change.

Bought my 1st DSLR Kit and 1 lens, sold the lenses and got 2 other (better) lenses at the same period..... ouch....

and finally gets to join the L-club...after 20 years of dreaming for it... (since secondary school days)

now looking for targets to aim the camera at.....

"White" christmas with a silver body....

:vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:

Wow! Everyone has feel that their photography has improved.. A good sign.:)

For me, the most significant moments has to be the setup of a personal website to show some of my works. :D

The trip to Java came quite close though. Eddy, are you listening? More trip! More trip! ;)

it just gets better and better. the simpler the cameras i use the better my photos turn out.

Got my 1st DSLR Canon 20D! Weddings and events photos turns out much much better due to the supa-fast AF (using Minolta Dimage 5 previously) and very clean and usable high ISO :lovegrin:

Techniques also seem to improve as compared to previous photos and i seem to "grow" in photography many thanks to the guidance and hints from the many pros and helpful clubsnappers here! CHEEERS! :cheers: :vhappy:

patch17 said:
it just gets better and better. the simpler the cameras i use the better my photos turn out.

So you are saying less zooms and more primes.... :bsmilie:

Personal milestones for 2004
1) Joined Clubsnap
2) Got the courage to upload some pics into Gallery
3) Somebody thought I was good enough to take portraits of their children. They paid for the costs.
4) Joined several contests. Not much success but some entries got honorable mention.
5) Enrolled in a class and learned a lot of things

Overall a good year

hmmm,...started out like in march this year....looking back now....i tink i fared OK la....

took too many pics this year and they took up 4 times more storage space compared to all the pics taken in the past 3 years!!! got many more keepers too, made many more friends and have some pics published.

learn 5 new things this year.

explore artistic photography, shooting with more soul now, more depth. This derive from my fashion design background. To try to step beyond the bounderies and look thru in different light. think comme des garcons or yohji yamamoto of photography

children photography. i never really look at this until now. Actually my eyes are attach to capturing the candid moments of children. Will work and explore this more next year.

third eye view. shoot angles form the third eye, from a bystander position then thick into the action, widen my angles. Periously my angles are very tight, now i try to place myself further away. To add more space to the subject.

saturation. HAHA, i know, but my taste with saturated images are starting to grow on me for non-human subjects.

concepts more concepts...... understanding concepts and how to work with them.

Managed to dump digital once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.