Yashica T5 Zoom is here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jcryan55

The Yashica T5 Zoom has landed in Singapore. Just saw it in Ruby Photos this pm. Costs a whopping $320. Like the design.....very metallic.
Check it out, man!

nope. I did saw a T5 (T5 has no zoom) at The Camera Workshop, listed for ~$240. You might want to take a look.

Bought the T Zoom.... would try out during my Switzerland trip with Provia 400F..... hope I got the right slide film ;p it's my first time shooting slides.

Originally posted by mpenza
Bought the T Zoom.... would try out during my Switzerland trip with Provia 400F..... hope I got the right slide film ;p it's my first time shooting slides.

Aren't you gonna try shooting with normal film first to get a feel of the cam? Can post pix if you do? Me quite seriously thinking of getting this cam for 'just in case' purposes :embrass:

Originally posted by jcryan55
The Yashica T5 Zoom has landed in Singapore. Just saw it in Ruby Photos this pm. Costs a whopping $320. Like the design.....very metallic.
Check it out, man!

well, saw a number of that T zooms last mth
at Anthony collection, same level as Alex photo (2nd flr)
peninsula plaza

Originally posted by xmen1977

well, saw a number of that T zooms last mth
at Anthony collection, same level as Alex photo (2nd flr)
peninsula plaza

Any idea on the price? :)

Cathay Photo equoted me at $310 (excludinbg GST) but the Marina branch didn't have stock when I went down. In the end, I got it for $320 at Fotoguide. Probably could bargain down even more (I was initially quoted $325 and the guy agreed to my $320 offer immediately)....

Cathay Photo equoted me at $310 (excludinbg GST) but the Marina branch didn't have stock when I went down. In the end, I got it for $320 at Fotoguide. Probably could bargain down even more (I was initially quoted $325 and the guy agreed to my $320 offer immediately)....

Yo Mpenza, thanks for the info :)

Aren't you gonna try shooting with normal film first to get a feel of the cam? Can post pix if you do? Me quite seriously thinking of getting this cam for 'just in case' purposes :)

decided to jump straight to slides and try out.... development doesn't seem to be very expensive so don't mind. will let you know the results when I get it processed after my trip.

funksoulava, just an update.... the focussing is fast but the shutter lag is quite terrible, also the fastest shutter speed of 1/360s might be limiting under bright sunlit places. Would let you know more when I get back the slides...

funksoulava, just an update.... the focussing is fast but the shutter lag is quite terrible, also the fastest shutter speed of 1/360s might be limiting under bright sunlit places. Would let you know more when I get back the slides...

Yo Mpenza,

Thanks a zillion! You're always ready to help, really appreciate that! :)

You're welcome :)

Just got back the slides. I love them! Exposure is great most of the time (even better than some taken by the 602) and feel the images are very sharp too (no other good cameras to to compare against). There're a few overexposed slides but think that's due to me compensating by +1.5EV ;p probably too much. Even the night shots turn out great, e.g. under the following conditions (following pic taken with the 602):
http://mpenza.clubsnap.org/view_photo.php?set_albumName=swiss&id=aaf
(ISO200, F2.8, 1/2s)

(I was using ISO400 and wide-angle (max F4.5) for the T Zoom. probably close to 2/3s. The longest exposure was 2s.)

Status
Not open for further replies.