Yashica Manual Lens on K10D

Status
Not open for further replies.

huangyong

Oct 5, 2006
Still on my exchange program in China.
Bought this lens cheaply at about 150rmb each, and got them modified to Pentax K mount.
DSC01566.jpg

DSC01563.jpg

Yashica MC70-200 F4.5 Macro (fake Macro, damn!)
The built quality is top notch, solid metal built, tight focus ring, feels like the Contax Lens. I cant afford that expensive thing yet, so this will be something to satisfy the "feel" for the time being.

Test Shots:
200mm F4.5 1/100s ISO400
IMGP1285.jpg

Crop
IMGP1285-1.jpg

The result is so so I think, but for that price I think it is Ok.
Any opinion?

Last edited:
200mm F8 1/15s ISO400
IMGP1227.jpg

200mm F5.6 1/60s ISO400 (underexposed?)
IMGP1253.jpg

Last edited:
75mm F8 1/50s ISO400
IMGP1217.jpg

200mm F8 1/60s ISO400
IMGP1218.jpg

Just to contribute some resources as I cannot find many info about Yashica Lens on Pentax Camera.

Any comment?

Any comment?

Nice rendition of colors, it's got the 3D effect especially in the photo of the yellow tripod. Not too sure about the bokeh though... can't tell from those photos. Mind if you can shoot one at night? :)

Nice pics.. and a good buy.
Does the aperture actuator works like a normal pk mount ?
Mind sharing how much does it cost to modify ? Thanks :)

Nice rendition of colors, it's got the 3D effect especially in the photo of the yellow tripod. Not too sure about the bokeh though... can't tell from those photos. Mind if you can shoot one at night? :)

night shot is horrible... :(

Nice pics.. and a good buy.
Does the aperture actuator works like a normal pk mount ?
Mind sharing how much does it cost to modify ? Thanks :)

the aperture is fully manual now... need to set from the ring.
the modification cost is actually more expensive, cost me 180rmb, normal rate here about 200rmd odds.

there's a trend here, many hobbyists are buying old exotic lens and modify them to use with DSLR.

if you can read chinese, here's the website www.soupis.com

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Interesting to know that such conversions exists. But I know nuts about Yashica lenses.

I chanced upon a Ricoh 55/1.2 in a film development shop (of all places) in Taiwan recently. It used the Ricoh P/K mount (the one that has a danger of getting stuck in a Pentax camera because of an extra contact pin). I inspected it for the pin, and it was not there since it was not an 'A' lens. Mounted it and it worked like a charm. Very sharp at f1.2 as well. Too bad the price was no good.

Hi huangyong, decent lens i must say, i have something similar too, its a m42 tefnon macro 80-200 4.5-5.6, push pull lens too. Not really macro but it gives me a more 'close up' focusing distance than those normal zoom kit lens. Its really a joy to use in good light.
all taken at wide open.:bsmilie:
4132709815_3d546ba59a_b.jpg

4135522055_a1856d2bfc_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.