Yashica Fx-3 camera problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

undercoverhack

Dec 23, 2005
Hi all. This is the first time i'm posting here and i have a huge problem with my SLR camera. I recently acquired a SLR Yashica camera from my uncle and he say he did not use it for 10 years already. I play around with it and i have this problem with the camera. For example, when i try to take a photo using this range (see photo attach 1 ) , there is no problem and the camera snap fine. However the real problem start when i use this range(see photo attach 2 ), the camera simply seem to be stuck and i have to move the range to the first one only then will the camera snap. What is simply the problem here ?

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/obeyxlarge/DSCN2920.jpg
2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/obeyxlarge/DSCN2922.jpg

Yahsica FX-3 Wah!!! Haven't heard about this camera for ages already; it's actually the very first slr I held in my hands. Sure bring back memories :)
Anyway, I have no idea which model you have; it could be the 2000 series or some other. Either way it doesn't mattter cos this is a fully manual camera. The lens has got nothing to do with the camera body watsoever. Remove the lens and try clicking a few shots; try moving the lens (zoom in & out) while it's detached from the camera & see if anything sticks from the back that may cause the mirror to be stuck; thus you're unable to snap.
Make sure you touch any thing inside (lens & camera) when you do this.

If it's the camera's fault, junk it & try selling the lens; but you have to list down all the lens info before anyone will consider.
If it's the len's fault, and you still wana use the camera, look out for some cheap used contax lens (wah! first time I use the word 'cheap' & 'contax' in the same sentence). I think the competent photographers' one & only good reason to buy a Yashica FX3 was the hope that one fine day they can use contax lens on it. heehehe

Either way, good luck to you.

Yahsica FX-3 Wah!!! Haven't heard about this camera for ages already; it's actually the very first slr I held in my hands. Sure bring back memories :)
Anyway, I have no idea which model you have; it could be the 2000 series or some other. Either way it doesn't mattter cos this is a fully manual camera. The lens has got nothing to do with the camera body watsoever. Remove the lens and try clicking a few shots; try moving the lens (zoom in & out) while it's detached from the camera & see if anything sticks from the back that may cause the mirror to be stuck; thus you're unable to snap.
Make sure you touch any thing inside (lens & camera) when you do this.

If it's the camera's fault, junk it & try selling the lens; but you have to list down all the lens info before anyone will consider.
If it's the len's fault, and you still wana use the camera, look out for some cheap used contax lens (wah! first time I use the word 'cheap' & 'contax' in the same sentence). I think the competent photographers' one & only good reason to buy a Yashica FX3 was the hope that one fine day they can use contax lens on it. heehehe

Either way, good luck to you.

Yes it the 2000 series. Wonder how u do the method u quote me ?

by method, do you mean remove the lens from the body or something else?
If its to remove the lens, almost all bodies have a buttom/lever (something) you need to press to unlock the lens; then while doing it (think ctrl-alt-del), twist the lens (usually) clockwise about 1/4 turn or thereabouts till it can't rotate anymore. It should come apart now. Try checking for a manual for it online if you're unsure or give your uncle a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.