yashica electro 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

fooj

Oct 27, 2004
Sengkang;Fernvale
www.foojphotography.com
hi people, i am thinking to get myself a rangefinder cam. been eyeing on this model, but dunno much abt it. :dunno: anyone here use it before care to share some info . thks

My dad still has his, its working fine for a 30+ yr old camera. I feel it takes great shots. :) Manual everything, lens is aperture priority. Its the first camera I ever used. To me, its build is good. The only time you need the batteries is for checking exposure. I could still take pics at -5C while all my friends cams were having probs as their batts were going wonky. Only problem is that on some of these cameras, the film winding mechanism seems to jam. Think it has only happend about 5 times in the past 15+ years to my dad's one. It has a standard flash hot shoe. Bulb mode also. Its operation is near silent, just the soft 'click' of the shutter. As you can see, I like this camera :D

AReality said:
the focusing is a little more dfficult on this model than other brands.

I have never had focuing problems with this camera. I can get better focus then some SLRs at night, just need a tiny sliver of light. True, its manual focus, so it sometimes will take a bit longer for you to focus.

it's a pretty good camera. one of my favorite range finders.

nice fast lens (f 1.8), works in aperture priority mode. (i.e. set the aperture and the camera selects the appropriate shutter speed.)

it uses an electronic shutter, so you DO need a battery for it to fire at the right shutter speed and in "B" mode. However, it does have a default shutter speed of 1/500 sec. if you don't have a battery. this means you can still use the camera, but you'll have only one shutter speed.

in flash mode, the shutter speed is set at 1/60 sec. (another useful tip to remember.)

i love my electro 35's, neat RFs at reasonably cheap price.

cerebrus said:
I have never had focuing problems with this camera. I can get better focus then some SLRs at night, just need a tiny sliver of light. True, its manual focus, so it sometimes will take a bit longer for you to focus.
I'm comparing rangefinder with rangefinder, not rangefinder with SLRs.

Excellent camera...my first as well...still got it somewhere...no nonsense and dependable...never had problem with focusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.