Yanling @ Hort Park (axlsteve)

axlsteve

Mar 8, 2009
Jurong west
www.metalloids.net
Hi ,

Some photo to share with fellow clubsnap mate.
She not a professional model neither am I.

Having that said, C&C are welcome.

Steve

1)
8199637220_e21762c2f1.jpg

2)
8199637404_83ed2aa57e.jpg

3)
8199637548_7c9c94b27d.jpg

4)
8199637718_a40d7e83ab.jpg

5)
8198546733_022b2c8536.jpg

Last edited:
Hi axlsteve, IMHO, the pictures are abit too contrasty with the PP. Do take note of the over exposed areas around the model's shoulder in pic #1-7. Try shooting early when the lightning is not so harsh or deccrease your exposures with fill lights/reflectors.. Hope my 2 cents helps! :)

p.s.: I like #15. Your brought out her beauty in this pic!

Hi axlsteve, IMHO, the pictures are abit too contrasty with the PP. Do take note of the over exposed areas around the model's shoulder in pic #1-7. Try shooting early when the lightning is not so harsh or deccrease your exposures with fill lights/reflectors.. Hope my 2 cents helps! :)

p.s.: I like #15. Your brought out her beauty in this pic!

Thanks for your comments. Appreciated : )

good try, bro. Do look out for:

1) background : a bit too cluttered
2) exposure : Some shots are clearly overexposed

Here is what I think.

A Successful portrait image should convey who that person that you are photographing. I find it is just too many images to show but none of them tell much about the person.

A portrait should be more then how a person look, but it should who they are. I always find people spend too much time taking photo and not enough time understand the person that they are photographing. So spend time talking to them, observe what they do and allow them to open up to you. In TFCD environment. Aim to get just 5 great images are more important then shooting 500 images.

To be honest, having technically correct image is a bare essential.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hart

Did you over ps the colors?

Try not to ask her dont pose with those type of lips in pic 2 and 3.... it's good for candids only.

Hort park have lots of places to shoot with nice BG... dont go outdoors and just shoot half body or close up pictures.

She already put in the effort to bring 4 dress to the photoshoot... steve, please go walk 1 round around the park to find a suitable spot to shoot. I know it's hot there, but you people can start early morning or late evening. Good luck in your future shoots.

wow. what a beautiful girl. and boy, she sure knows how to pull of the poses. you know, she should consider contesting in Miss Singapore Universe. i think she will win!

Typical... some people should just shut it if they can't be constructive with their C&C.

#7, 8 the hair colour seems different. Halfway through she went to dye hair? If not then I guess it is an issue with the lighting?

pay attention to Hart's comments, you will learn a lot from him if you read his comments carefully, just to let you know he is a Master of Portrait Photography.

OT posts all deleted.

Thanks for the above input.
It really like a 'wake up call' to me.

Had look thru Hart's website, speechlessly good. A lot of inspiration in it.
Hope my next photoshoot will be better.

Once again, Thanks for the inputs

pay attention to Hart's comments, you will learn a lot from him if you read his comments carefully, just to let you know he is a Master of Portrait Photography.

OT posts all deleted.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am far from being a master... There are more to learn.

Hart

my 2 cents.. if you realise.. alot of hands n legs chopping.. and try not to include things which is unpleasant even if its blured..

golden rule... rule of 3rd.. :)

#2 and #3 should be straight deletes because it does not flatter a girl. The lips are in a very unflattering position.

I believe when they have the session, fun factor is key things they are looking for.

personally I don't believe shooting One to One at this stage will help one another much, cos when the model can't pose, photographer can't direct, who is there to help?
and yet photographer still struggling WB, exposure, composition etc.....

so don't be so critical about it.

Pic #1 seems like she is waiting for someone to come to pick her up (like this)
Pic #10 prefer the lady to stand in the middle of the road (personal preference)

Any reasons why some of the pictures must include the green rubbish bin?

hi axlsteve, thanks for putting in the effort and sharing at least

OK a successful photoshoot does not necessarily need 5 costume changes (from above) .... keep the wardrobe simple and uncomplicated .... as much as she is trying her best at posing , can tell she is trying a little too hard

ok jia you !