Not open for further replies.

billpepsi

Jan 2, 2005
The 3rd Rock
1:
Tibet0606030448-resize.jpg

2:
Tibet0606030141-resize.jpg

Jeff, awesome work with the Yak!! Sharp, contrasty, and the composition is just perfect.

As to the horses, the leaves are a little distracting. Perhaps a tighter crop would help?

Love the yak. The reflection caught my eye first and I was wondering why it was blurred and then I saw the Yak. The red colour from the saddle is an interesting addition.

i like the horses more! the perspective was really unique. cool stuff.

Hi jeffhiew!

#1 is a stunning picture, but I'm sure you already know that. Absolutely fabulous piece of art, and the colours really compliment each other! What made this picture exciting for me was the texture of the background as well as the rocky floor, which made the subject stand out more. Great catch!

#2 seems to be an attempt at framing the subject. Perhaps the picture can be further improved by finding at larger 'hole' to shoot out from? The horses are too close to the edge of the secondary frame to garner much visual interest, so what we see are unnecessary clutter.

I like your style of the clever use of negative spaces. This is where the rule of thirds truly excel in!

PointBlue said:
Hi jeffhiew!

#1 is a stunning picture, but I'm sure you already know that. Absolutely fabulous piece of art, and the colours really compliment each other! What made this picture exciting for me was the texture of the background as well as the rocky floor, which made the subject stand out more. Great catch!

#2 seems to be an attempt at framing the subject. Perhaps the picture can be further improved by finding at larger 'hole' to shoot out from? The horses are too close to the edge of the secondary frame to garner much visual interest, so what we see are unnecessary clutter.

I like your style of the clever use of negative spaces. This is where the rule of thirds truly excel in!

Tx guys. Yeap, was playing with negative spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.