Yahoo Auction: 1Ds for SGD$1800??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimlee

Jan 23, 2005
Lavender
look at their locations. Stated "NewYork, USA". Must be fraud then. Their usual trick is:

1. ask for your address
2. ask you to send 1/2 the amount of money to their bank account
3. run away with the money without a trace.

So, don't be fooled by them! :bsmilie:

the other time i was also almost conned by a guy.
stated selling D70 kit for just US$250. i won the bid and was about to send him the payment through Western Union Money Transfer when i was "saved" by the Singapore Post person.He ask me if im buying something from Ebay. after i answer 'yes', he look at the address, and it was stated as Russia,but im sending US dollars. so he quickly as me to think twice because there are a lot of 'cheating' cases, especially the Russia region.
the seller will disguise as someone from the US.then say they are currently working in Russia. so they will ask you to send the $ there. they also use this trick as 'send half the money first if u dun believe'.
in the end, i cancel the deal. phew....so CSers...dun buy from this kind of "too good to be true" deals...
although Singapore cameras are a bit expensive as compared to other countries...u can at least feel it and its yours when u pay and buy it home.

AMDer said:
the other time i was also almost conned by a guy.
stated selling D70 kit for just US$250. i won the bid and was about to send him the payment through Western Union Money Transfer when i was "saved" by the Singapore Post person.He ask me if im buying something from Ebay. after i answer 'yes', he look at the address, and it was stated as Russia,but im sending US dollars. so he quickly as me to think twice because there are a lot of 'cheating' cases, especially the Russia region.
the seller will disguise as someone from the US.then say they are currently working in Russia. so they will ask you to send the $ there. they also use this trick as 'send half the money first if u dun believe'.
in the end, i cancel the deal. phew....so CSers...dun buy from this kind of "too good to be true" deals...
although Singapore cameras are a bit expensive as compared to other countries...u can at least feel it and its yours when u pay and buy it home.

That's a close shave! gd 4 u. Yup, most of them operate in Russia. So, it's always safer not to buy things from overseas.

AMDer said:
i was "saved" by the Singapore Post person.

Maybe you should write a letter to ST Forum to praise and thank this Singapore Post guy and, at the same time, warn others. You will be doing a favour to many people.

These days they are doing the western union trick on handphones...particularly the attractive new models....

Can always use escrow services. But they charged a fee. My advise is when thing is too cheap, better have a second thought. For expensive item use escrow. ;)

sti2300 said:
Can always use escrow services. But they charged a fee. My advise is when thing is too cheap, better have a second thought. For expensive item use escrow. ;)

I attempted to deal with one of those conmen before. When I asked for escrow services, they gave lame excuses like the services is not available in their country. lol

same thing almost happened to me before - i ordered 3 sets of D2h! :) haha wow!! but when it came to payment, the guy kept insisting he couldnt use ESCROW services... cuz I'd experienced western union bulls*it before. The final line is, if its too good to be true, it probably aint :)

What is this escrow that you are talking about? I so blur wan lah...

sti2300 said:
The more sophisticated scams even fake escrow service website.

So buyers beware.

Can't believe there are so many victims / "near" victims here :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

There are so many news abt such cons yet ppl still fall victims , why ? Greed ?
Never believe such bull***. If you buy online get it from a reputed shop.
Even if he send you the camera, what will be the condition ?

Status
Not open for further replies.