y singapore airport is getting worst? designers this days sux

Status
Not open for further replies.
ycchen said:
airbus a380 was parked at T2 gate F31 for the benefit of SIA passengers, since SIA only

using T2, should really have parked at T1 instead, but not possible :bsmilie:

Well,I will prefer it parks at T1 also.But nowdays most of the SIA's planes are at T2.
Plus,T1's are not A380 ready yet.They built only one bridge at T2's F31 gate,i think?

omgs. this thread is moving realli fast.. hahahahas..

glennyong said:
omgs. this thread is moving realli fast.. hahahahas..

faster than expected ? :bsmilie: and the discussion is off topic fast tooo.... :bsmilie:

edwinywh said:
After major renovation of the T2's viewing gallery.
It has shrunk to 1/4 its previous size.
Theres 2 glassees now instead of jsust 1,thanks to the extended portion of the transit area.

Sigh................. my fav. place.... it has becomes like that.SAD ah..

I've never been to T2 viewing gallery since the renovation :) ...airport used to be one of my favourite place to hang out, but from the describtion is a bit dissapointing for me.:cry:

Maybe I try to get one day and go down there to have look.:devil:

In comparison with KLIA (KLIA and Changi Airport - Both I'm more familiar), agree that KLIA gives me better place for viewing planes. :)

I dont know why CAAS is discouraging aviation photography in Singapore. Many major airports around the world are supportive of plane spotting. Why? Plane spotters general know the operations of the airport and they are likely to spot things that seem out of place.

Klose said:
I dont know why CAAS is discouraging aviation photography in Singapore. Many major airports around the world are supportive of plane spotting. Why? Plane spotters general know the operations of the airport and they are likely to spot things that seem out of place.

I'm a train nut. With photograhing trains it's going both ways. Some like the British 'Network Rail' have up web pages basicly stateing 'we welcome the extra set of eyes, just don't break any bylaws or get in the way'. Others are 'no photography for security reasons'.

There have always been in any organisation, staffers , etc who dislike any 'fan' photopgraphing their operations. The 'War on Terror' has just let these lose to harrass the photopgraphers they never liked in the first place.

There are apparently now 'train spotters' in the UK carrying around print outs of Network Rail's web page that states photography of trains and infrastructure is allowed so that when some over enthusasitic security type pulls them up and says 'no photography allowed, etc etc' they pull out a copy of the offical statement and wave that at the 'security' person.
The type of people who like to harras photopgraphers often don't like been shown up like this, but fortunately the real police tend to know the rules better :)

The stupid thing with all these 'no photography for security reason' bans is that all it's stopping are the type of photographer you want to encourage - the fan types who will notice something 'isn't quite right' and report it. The 'bad guys' will just snap away with their camera phones and get their pictures of the place anyway - they don't need mega sharp high detail shots to work out what they need to do their evil deads.

finally back... urrghh.. suffered multiple rib fractures on my left rib-cage... :cry: aarrgghhh...

ok where were we... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Canonised said:
I think a lot of you have missed the point. Good aviaries/zoos are built to house birds/animals in their natural environment and as such they should be as natural as possible - big and far far away from human contacts. They are not built for photographers, and shouldn't be built for that. Before the advance of digital cams, how many of you were serious enough to shoot these animals in the zoos/aviaries? I feel sad whenever i see those "photographers" in the zoos/avairies trying so hard to be so close to these beautiful animals. Stay away from them and shoot discreetly. If you like buy the postcards or shoot your own pets at home. These animals have their rights to be left alone.
For certain animals/birds they are caged for several reasons - they are big or aggressive in nature and they NEED really big space (this reason is good enough that we shouldnt have them in the avaires/zoos).
Ppl who still believe that they have all the rights to cage animals should try to do this experiment: get yourself "lost" (alone and without any modern amenities) in a forest/landscape for a few days and feel nature as it is and i assure you that you will feel and love nature as it is - left alone!
agreed...that's why many people would rather go to Wildlife Reserves in Africa to take wildlife than go to the zoo...if they had a choice. somehow all the animals in the zoo are a bit "sleepy", like they just lie around doing nothing. maybe because got nothing to do...eat, walk around, sleep... anyone feel this way too?

is d land area of our zoo enough 2 b converted 2 a wildlife reserve? :dunno:

edwinywh said:
This is a pic I took from inside T2's viewing gallery yesterday morning.
52122210.jpg

This is taken from T1's viewing gallery.Compare with the pic above.
52122211.jpg

The image quality is simply terrible.They should not even have the gall to call that a viewing gallery.

Whatever the design constraints or builders' wishes, they are clearly incompatible with the intent of the place.:nono: Either they change the focus of the area and admit there is no proper viewing gallery or they should build a nice outdoor one.

Singapore exceptionalism would be a travesty of an excuse to say T2 has no viewing gallery.:rolleyes:

Klose said:

"Singapore exceptionalism" or in more contemporary terms..Uniquely Singapore.:bsmilie:

maritimus831 said:
somehow all the animals in the zoo are a bit "sleepy", like they just lie around doing nothing. maybe because got nothing to do...eat, walk around, sleep... anyone feel this way too?
just like us Singaporeans ... isn't it? eat, work, eat work, eat, sleep? sometimes feel like we are in a big cage here, with some big ppl watching us!

hazekang said:
:bigeyes: where were u?

fight war in afghanistan, bring camera go, almost kenna shot by skinnies... :bsmilie:

of cus not !!! i was "pinned" down by 4 fellow officers in the mess. and er... got pinned down coz i lost the game of cards.. -,- !!

sORe-EyEz said:
is d land area of our zoo enough 2 b converted 2 a wildlife reserve? :dunno:

its definately not big enough for a wildlife reserve. coz other countries reseve are hundreds of acres big... while singapore's zoo.. heh. i dun think its possible...

LazerLordz said:
The image quality is simply terrible.They should not even have the gall to call that a viewing gallery.

Whatever the design constraints or builders' wishes, they are clearly incompatible with the intent of the place.:nono: Either they change the focus of the area and admit there is no proper viewing gallery or they should build a nice outdoor one.

Singapore exceptionalism would be a travesty of an excuse to say T2 has no viewing gallery.:rolleyes:

yeah,that was one of my thinking also. They might as well change the place from a "viewing mall" to a cafe or something?
Quiet and cosy somemore!

Status
Not open for further replies.