Y Gf & Camera Hobby can never mix ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

locksley

Jan 26, 2004
Central Area
Super Sian

Alway got into arguments with my gf when talk about my camera.

Planning to go Port Dickson with her this July.

When I said tat I'm going to bring camera along, her face turned Black !! :dunno:

She said I alway treat the camera better than Her !!
And said she dun care how good pic can the camera / I produce.
Just dun wan to see the camera with me !!

My GOd !!
What Logic is this !!

Initially, I was planning to go Port Dickson alone to take pics and relax.
Then she wan to come along.

Now SAID CANNOT BRING CAMERA @!! ;(

Sigh, Gals

Can never noe what they wan ? :dunno:

You bring compact camera or your big guns there?

If go overseas enjoy with gf best is not to tie down with taking pictures...
but anyway it sounds like your gf is quite unreasonable also...

Aiyah, just tell her that you want to take more photos of/with her as she is sooooo beeooteefool lah... :lovegrin: :bsmilie:

locksley said:
Just do this, you'll return home with a smile in your face.

AJ23 said:
Entice the GF into photography. :)

NOT a good idea, AJ. They will then argue about Nikon vs Canon ;(

then the future father-in-law will say: “Aiyah, if you dun use a Leica you are not a photographer lor.” :bsmilie:

MaGixShOe said:
You bring compact camera or your big guns there?

If go overseas enjoy with gf best is not to tie down with taking pictures...
but anyway it sounds like your gf is quite unreasonable also...

Sigh
Initial plan was to go alone and take some fotos.

Shouldn't have tell her tat I'm going there to relax.

Now she dun wan to talk to me !! :angry:
Y gals alway wan to be a princess ?? :cry:

locksley said:
Super Sian

Alway got into arguments with my gf when talk about my camera.

Planning to go Port Dickson with her this July.

When I said tat I'm going to bring camera along, her face turned Black !! :dunno:

She said I alway treat the camera better than Her !!
And said she dun care how good pic can the camera / I produce.
Just dun wan to see the camera with me !!

My GOd !!
What Logic is this !!

Then she wan to come along.

Now SAID CANNOT BRING CAMERA @!! ;(

Sigh, Gals

Are you SURE she's not on Clubsnap? Else you :hung:

:bsmilie:

hwchoy said:
NOT a good idea, AJ. They will then argue about Nikon vs Canon ;(

then the future father-in-law will say: “Aiyah, if you dun use a Leica you are not a photographer lor.” :bsmilie:

Convert them all to the brand of your choice. ;)

At most they will argue which lenses or bodies to buy. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

mix her into camera hobby

buy her a digital camera, not those simple point and shoot ones, but those like S5000, 602z cameras, might as well get her most accessories and bring her along and make it like a photographic trip

u might be surprised, she just might get hooked onto it.....
if u see something, ask her to look from ur angle and ask her to take it... and both of u compare ur photos.....

who knows, it might be a worthwhile "investment",.... and next time, she'll prob be the one talking abt cameras and when would the next photographic trip be
:bsmilie:

just spend your time with her at Avillion lor.

You say you want to take portraits of her expression that is being showered with love and happiness. You need to bring a better camera than a press and shoot to capture her ever charming smile.

There are situations when you go for trips and really think that its better is you are alone. But remember photography is a life long hobby, you can pursue it all your life, GF is actually more precious in a sense. :bsmilie:

Get her involved. Get her to use prosumer digital cam, bring her to few places to shoot, then shower her with compliment. Very soon she be willing to carry your tripod. This takes time though.

My experience :bsmilie:

But what equipment you bringing over? If its those big mama lens then no wonder she'll get angry lor.

Bring her to night/market, bazaar (if there's any there) use photojournalist approach to shoot her. Then proceed to other shots that interest you.

As long as she doesn't think,"how come I dun come into you picture?" then she wun get annoyed by your hobby.

This is the reason why I have remained single after my last GF..

Must go for a more mature lady or someone whom is more boyish in personality... otherwise, no matter how hard you try or how much you give, they want more...

rather spend my time and money on me. ;p

unless i find a suitable girl that is not the whinny, bitchy, me me me me me, kind of princess...

Tell her photography is to capture your precious memories of you together. If she is not able to accept your hobby, she is not accepting you for who you are. Then tell her you think you need to spend time alone. Then she will panick and beg you to forgive her. And she will promise to be an understanding gf from then on.

*WARNING! Try at own risk. =p

Looks like she perceives that you treat the camera better than her. Whether or not this is true, this is what she feels. You may think she's being unreasonable but the camera, in your case, is almost like another girlfriend in your GF's eyes. As she said, she doesn't particularly care for your photos (and therefore your photography).

So, start treating her more nicely (since you can't treat your camera more shabbily), especially when you are carrying your camera in her presence. And always fuss over her as you would your camera.

The other advice about taking photos of her is all good. As long as she is the focus and you don't fiddle around too much with the camera when taking photos of her, it should be fine. Getting her to take photos is also good. I don't know if getting her a complicated camera is going to help the situation but it would be good to get her a decent consumer digicam. That way, she won't have to use your equipment. 'Cos if she drops your camera or touches the lens (etc.)...

locksley said:

She said I always treat the camera better than her!!

hwchoy said:
GF and hobbies don't mix. Period ;p
only way is to make the GF your hobby :devil:

yes i believe you are right...must be the period. maybe try asking again in a few days. ;)

give in a little...i believe girls like to hear something sweet.. put it another way..what is your gf is always taking pics and going out with her photography grp? and you're the one not into photography? will feel a little left out by your gf too huh? :)

ask her to pose for ya shots lor...take it as givin her a free portfolio....haha..

madmacs said:
yes i believe you are right...must be the period. maybe try asking again in a few days. ;)

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
:thumbsup:
You made my day :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.